• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

which color calipers look better on a black svt?

millertime86

CEG'er
sometime in the next few weeks ill be taking all my wheels off to clean those hard-to-reach places on the E1s, and also to clean the wheel wells. anyway, i also wanted to paint the calipers and i cant decide between red and blue. im leaning towards blue since my HIDs and interior are blue, but i think red would also look good on a black svt.

what do you guys think? blue or red calipers on a black svt? also, anybody have pictures of blue and red calipers on a black svt?

I would go red calipers, IMO. More of a noticeable contrast.

I think that blue calipers work better on a silver SVT.

Red......

Red......

I did mine in red & it looks real good. Use good paint, not Duplicolor,

I did mine in red & it looks real good. Use good paint, not Duplicolor,

is high heat engine paint alright to use on calipers or should i use "caliper paint"

and does anyone have a pic of blue calipers on a black svt? i found red caliper pics all over this site but no blues.

Red +1! I also would recommend trying something other than duplicolor. I have to touch up

mine regularly as the paint chips pretty easily.

svtwheel002.jpg

brakes

brakes

red usually looks when you have a nice set of wheels, and when its done right.

i have a silver contour and the owner before me painted them blue.

Actually in the past I have used non hi heat paints to paint calipers. Used many mettallic based paints to match the body color. It does not seem the calipers really get that hot under normal driving. The key is in the prep, and clenaing. If you do it right you should not get any chipping etc..

Mine were blue and very chipped (the car is silver). I ended up repainting them with engine enamel, like 400 degree + rating or something cause thats all the store had. I did them in dark metallic grey and I think it looks really nice because it looks clean and cool. It doesn't jump out and say 'Hey I painted my calipers because I can't afford real mods'. Some cars look good with red ones, but mostly I like the subtle look.

Like someone else said in another thread, "the svt brakes are anemic enough as it is, you don't need to make it stand out even more"

Back