• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How about another meet? June 21st or 22nd?

Red99CSVT

CEG'er
Does anybody want to meet up for a cruise and mabey lunch or dinner somewhere? I'm thinking the weekend of the 21st either saturday or sunday whatever will work best for everyone.

Sounds fine by me but isn't there another meeting this sat the 7th?
Ah... I almost forgot.

http://www.newcougar.org/forums/az-neco/124730-cookout-my-place-june-7th.html

I thought that was cross posted here already, but I can't find it. He also has a CSVT.

I was planning on going... but I forgot my girls have a karate tournament that morning. I'll still plan making it to the meet... but will probably be a little late.

As for cruises... I'll probably have to skip those until I can fix my car. My TOB has gotten bad enough that it's rattling.... really loud at higher speeds. I really don't want to tear it apart to replace the slave unless I'm replacing the other stuff too.

That sucks Scott are you going to do the clutch at the same time?

So you guys are planning on going to the meet Saturday...I'll show up and meet some of the Cougar guys. What time do you think you'll be there?

Last edited:
The guy was just getting into Phoenix yesterday, I would imagine it would be an early afternoon thing. As far as the cruise goes, I was actually thinking of taking him to downtown PHX and Tempe and stuff, kinda showing him the Valley. John with the orange Cougar will be there, and Greg with the white Cougar will probably be there also. My buddy Royce who parted out his Cougar and has a Civic now might be there also.

That sucks Scott are you going to do the clutch at the same time?

So you guys are planning on going to the meet Saturday...I'll show up and meet some of the Cougar guys. What time do you think you'll be there?
I'm going to pull the engine and tranny out to replace the clutch, flywheel, and slave. The tranny will be going back in, but the same motor won't be. A turbo setup will also be going in... but might not happen at the same time.

This hinges on us refinancing the house, which we can't do until the master bath remodel is completed. Hopefully the refi stuff will be done in about a month.

I still have some pre-req stuff to do on my car, like replacing my mechanical oil gauges with electric ones (need the additional sensor length), moving my remote oil filter from the drivers side to the passenger side, and moving the battery to the trunk. I have all the parts for that (except the new oil lines and fittings).. I mostly just need time.

Oh... I'm having my subframe connectors welded on this Thursday! Those have been sitting in my garage for about 2 years :blackeye:

Sounds like big plans buddy I hope everything works out and you can do everything. I have always wondered what the subframe connectors would feel like after being installed.

Bobby-you planning on being there saturday? The link had the bbq starting around 1pm or so. I'm planning on coming by for awhile.

hey guys i'm online now finally got my internet.....sat anytime you wanna stop by is cool i have a grill big pool and plenty of parking....if its easy to start cooking later let me know....if anyone needs directions let me know its easiest to take 101 to northern then right on 107th ave past park west first left into the greens.

Sorry guys I'm not gonna make it out a good friend of mine passed away last night in Wa so I'm flying up there for the weekend.

R.I.P

David Lockhart

died- June 4, 2008 age 26

Hey Ron... really sorry to hear that.

About the meet... I'm not sure I'll be able to go either. If it's still going on in the evening, I may be able to. Found out today that my eldest daughter (8 yr old) is in the "big kids" tournament, which is in the afternoon. I thought they were both in the morning ("little kids") tournament.

Hey Ron, i know you're in WA right now, but if you read this, i hope you're doing alright. sorry if lastnight i wasn't too much help, i've just been soo stressed and exhausted myself i wasn't sure what to do or say :-\

As for the car situation, i've yet to get ahold of the impound lot, and ask if i can get some "personals" out of the car, which if i do. i'm going to try to take the Cd-player, intake, and HID's...

The Saab will tho, be towed back to my house monday morning, to store here until i get the $ to have it fixed, which is good IMO, because it will motivate me, and i can do other cosmetic mods, and things i've wanted done as long as it's not running. so if you wanna come take a look at the granny killer, lemme know.

hey man i'm really sorry to hear that as well.....we will get together again soon guys my house is always open to you guys. my gf decided she doesn't wanna stay here in az and is leaving tomorrow morning which sucks cause now i need to find a roomate...so if anyone wants to live in a kickass house for cheap talk to me about it tomorrow!

yea not much you can do she made up her mind she's not ready for the az lifestyle and being away from her family....oh well tons of girls out here! PS guys if you bring your gf's have them bring some friends lol! jk

hey whats goin on with this? :shrug: this still on i'll join up after work. let me know guys i've yet to meet any of you. ive met the focus guys but no contours so lets get together.

Back