• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The Saleen has bumps now

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
Went over to CJ's Sat. and with the help of another old school CEGer installed that deck it originally had. Ok so Brandon did most of the work.:laugh: No, this wasn't the exact deck the car had in it but it's the same model. I'm sure CJ had a heck of a time tracking one down. He even managed to get a brand new harness that goes to the brain.

Car looks mint since coming out of the body shop. I hit the yard for some much needed trim pieces the car needed. Cowl cover screws were broken, missing outside window trim, etc etc. A bunch of little stuff. I just hope this thread doesn't get mucked up like the prior one.:nonono:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I'm usually against modding a 1 of a kind car, but because it was originally supercharged, i think it needs a supercharger.

So, how much does a head unit like that cost.

But on a side note, I love the fact you guys are restoring this to ORGINIAL. Sure you could have gotten a better head unit, swapped out some parts, but you are sticking to your guns on a 1 of 1 car. Thanks you for doing that.

And where are you going to get a s/c? And if you do how is it going to be reliable? The jackshaft issue are rediculous.

Hey smare guy. That's a Vortech unit. True it doesn't have the shaft. I did mention that to CJ but the car would be much more fun with a T/C.

I'd like to see it just get boosted again. I'm with Todd, the issues with the s/c are too ridiculous to deal with. NPG would be nice. I think with looks like that it needs the performance to go with them.

isn't joey (burritasvt) coming out with a kit for use with an eaton?

either way the car is schwing...needs more boost though. i'd turbo it and be donw with it, but if you have to keep it somewhat original i'd look into that.

Back