• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Muh New Car

ub3rduck

CEG'er
Picked up my first SVT a week or two ago and finally got it decent enough to take some pics. I didn't realize the battery in my camera was dead until I had already gotten to the spot so I just shot a bunch real quick before they died on me. Sorry for all the weird angles, again I was trying to beat the dieing battery.

carpics007.jpg

carpics008.jpg

carpics010.jpg

carpics011.jpg

carpics012.jpg

carpics014.jpg

carpics015.jpg

carpics016.jpg

carpics017.jpg

carpics019.jpg

looks good.
Only two things i'd change is one the interior,
I've never understood why people paint interior pieces....
and for two, i'd just have the mufflers pulled a tiny bit so the tips are flush with the bumper. but maybe that's just the way i think it looks best.

Yea the interior was painted when I got the car, it was done really well though. I've been slowly painting some it back to black but the majority of it will stay silver. It doesn't bother me enough to repaint the whole thing.

The tips aren't as bad in person, I've never noticed they stick out that far until you mentioned it. The exhaust is pretty ghetto-rigged though, I'm not sure they could be flushed if I wanted lol.

Its just lots and lots of brake dust...

Nah, the previous owner painted them just before he sold the car. He had paint left over from doing his newly acquired SRT-4's rims so he painted them real quick. They look dirty because he did a real quick job on them from the looks of it.

well when factories paint interior pieces they do stuff that ties it all together like certain parts. I mean i can see the radio trim being done, but the gauge cluster part. Let alone the person who owned the car painted the blank contour part where the clock goes, and the cupholders? i mean really, what factory does that?. Typically when they do it they make it have contrast again each other, lil silver here lil silver there. The car itself looks goods, just minor things would be changed if it was my car. but since the thread starter responded to what i said, not really sure why you posted about it.....

so anyways back on topic.

heh ... it was a trend of the very late 90s / early 2000s. Same with any fad .. 80s haircuts come to mind .. eventually you're left wondering why you did it. :)

At least it was done properly. All pieces were painted, rather than just some, the color matches car exterior, and it's not flaking or anything bad.

I usually hate it when people paint interior trim pieces, but some of the silver SVT's that I've seen with silver painted pieces have looked pretty good in person.

I usually hate it when people paint interior trim pieces, but some of the silver SVT's that I've seen with silver painted pieces have looked pretty good in person.

I think it looks great, especially with silver. T-RED looks good too. the only one that doesn't jive with me is green interior pieces.

When i did mine though i had issues with the door handle surrounds...they really take a beating and the clearcoat didn't look very good after a while. I think if i were to ever do it again i'd have it professionally painted. maybe they use better materials than you can get at the store.

Its just lots and lots of brake dust...

Nah, the previous owner painted them just before he sold the car. He had paint left over from doing his newly acquired SRT-4's rims so he painted them real quick. They look dirty because he did a real quick job on them from the looks of it.

Wow, another CSVT owner switching to mopar for the SRT-4...

Looks like a trend has started. I'd go to another turbo 4cyl. before dodge...IMO.

BTW, car looks good. Is that gas door sitting right on the car? I've been thinking about those and didn't know how it would fit.

looks good.
Only two things i'd change is one the interior,
and for two, i'd just have the mufflers pulled a tiny bit so the tips are flush with the bumper. but maybe that's just the way i think it looks best.

the only time the painted interior works is on the silver cars, in this case it does work.

But any other time, looks terrible.

BTW, car looks good. Is that gas door sitting right on the car? I've been thinking about those and didn't know how it would fit.

It sticks out just a tiny, it's not as noticeable in person. Mines actually from a mustang, it's got the pony molded into the inside of the door. I don't know if I like it all that much, but it doesn't bug me enough to search for a new door.

I agree with the paint thing, most cars it looks pretty bad. Done right it looks ok, but I remember 5 years ago when my brother painted the entire dash on his saturn red... that was just hideous. I'm working on painting some thing back to black, like the cup holders for one haha.

What up with the trunk lid? Looks like he painted over the reflector, I'm guessing?

Also, did you take the wing off leaving those four unpainted spots with holes in them? If so, it better have been one ugly wing for THAT to look better.

Overall its a sweet lookin car. Goodluck gettin her fixed up the way you want it.

Car looks very good all around. Im loving every aspect of it...

Whats up with the grill tho it looks like its caved in or something....

- amyn

Back