• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Engine Sound/Music

Fordwerke

CEG'er
Since driving the V6, I hear a whistling, soughing sound from the engine when I drive it, I think occurs when I shift. I remember the sound from the interstate when passing trucks. Now I am wondering, what makes the V6 make the same sound. I like it, and I think it's normal, ain't it?

Do you have an aftermarket intake? I have a short ram intake and when I engage the clutch with a little throttle or when I disengage the clutch as I'm giving it throttle quickly I sometimes hear a whistle over the exhaust from the intake.

i hear a whistle all the time from the open element i have on mine. didnt notice it with the stock SVT airbox, but as soon as i put the K&N in it whistled.

I get a whistleing noise too when I push the throttle down a certain distance, its just a duratec thing, more noticeable when you have an open element "cone" air filter on the car, but still there if you dont.

im actually wondering the same question i have a K&N but mine whistles but also sounds more of a whine and always when im on the gas around 2800-3500 rpms

i mean its fairly obvious sounding even with my magnaflow exhaust. im pretty sure its not the intake, any other possibilities?

its the intake. here is my theory as to what is causing it. the IAC hose. just like when you blow air over a bottle opening and it whistles, i believe there is enough air flowing over the IAC hose opening to make it whistle. most cars dont do this because the IAC takes its air from a passage in the TB instead of the hose.

Back