• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fuzion feedback please

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
I need tires.
Fuzion ZRi's have been recommended by a few people but the reviews on TireRack are mixed.
I am pretty hard on tires.
I was looking at General Excalim UHP's in the same price range.

Shipping from TireRack is over $50 and I can get the Fuzion's for the same price as at TireRack locally... so no shipping, but the don't carry Generals, which is why I am now looking at the Fuzions..

Feedback from people who have had them, and ran them please...

I have Dayton Daytona ZR1 tires which "might" be the same tire. It has the same tread pattern, and both Fuzion and Dayton are Bridgestone tires. Mine even have "made in Japan" molded into them. I'm extremely pleased with them. They ride well, handle well, and have a long wear life. The long life may be from slightly harder rubber (A traction rated instead of AA traction rated) which may impact handling, but they work well for me. I would not be afraid of trying the Z rated Fuzions. I would most certainly take them over anything made by Continental/General or Kumho.

i have ZRI's on my front tires since I got a flat a while back and wanted to replace both tires, and fuzions were the cheapest :laugh:

IMO they perform decently for the price. Traction is good, even in snow. The only thing I don't like is the handling at the limit.. it's just unpredictable to me. My car will start to understeer then they'll grip at random. My Kuhmos didnt do that and were just barely more expensive.. though everyday traction seems about the same.

Worth the price.

Fusions are decent but you can get a better tire from Kumho, Falken or General for the same price usually.

The durability the Fuzion may be better, Falken and Kumho are softer compound which is better for traction, but not wear. I have used both the HRi and ZRi and had good wear from both. If you buy them from Firestone get the road hazard protection, it will pay for itself on the first flat (If you get one) full replacement no question asked.

I have the Fuzions and could not be happier! Good wear (even when i am out of allign) quiet and i can barely even get them to squack when tearing around the twisties. never had any grip issues in the wet, but they are definitely just a spring, summer, fall tire. i had them in the snow for one day because we got a suprise snow fall...i could barely even get a grip starting in second gear...

Great tire overall! O, and they are nice and cheap!

I have Fuzion HRi's and am quite pleased with them. Good wear characteristics (when the wife isn't taking out a curb :mad: ). I have noticed the quirky grab mentioned above here lately, but that was on a newly paved stretch of asphalt. Better check my tire pressures....:cool:

ZRis came on the wheels I bought, so I wound up running them by default. No track use, just city/highway. They have tons of grip. Road noise is about average, they might be just a little quieter than the Tiger Paws I had on before. Wet grip was surprisingly good. When I replace them with a tire with a taller sidewall, I'll definitely be looking to replace them with another set of Fuzions.

I have had them on both my 17's and 18's and they are a quiet tire, my only complaint is they don't hook up.

Aaron

Ad me to the like file. I have had mine for over 2.5 years now and no problems. I seriously like them better then the Nitto 555 NT Extreme's I had before...mine are 225/40/18

EDIT: Alot of bad experience with Khumo's when you get in to the 18's from what I've heard. Below that you should be fine.

I have had them on both my 17's and 18's and they are a quiet tire, my only complaint is they don't hook up.

Aaron

I find the Fuzions hook better when the road is a little wet than dry oddly enough lol

I find the Fuzions hook better when the road is a little wet than dry oddly enough lol

Yeah that is true and I never understood it. I need to get rid of mine right away though as trying to go anywhere with these tires is a pain.

Aaron

If you floor Aaron's car in either of the first two gears, it just spins. :laugh: Call me a 3L noob. That's not a problem in my car. Damn that car has some low end torque.

You should give me an excellent deal on your tires Aaron and I'll be glad to take them off your hands. :cool:

Back