• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mil Eliminators

rrichard7

CEG'er
I have P0430. I did the B12 through uim and the code comes back. Car runs great after B12 but still get the code. My dumb question, are mil eliminators vehicle specific?

Thanks,
Ray
97 Mystique 102K miles

Negative sir, Mil Elims are pretty universal. You can even make your own, just type it into google. I think there was even someone on here that posted up a wiring schematic for one somewhere...so search the site as well. They are wired in after the actual O2 sensor and all they do is trick the car into thinking that the O2s are reading a clean signal. Get on it!

Psst...

if you are getting an 0430 with 100K, then you likely have a FAILED cat, and thus mil eliminators will ONLY remove the actual light and not the problem. Your cats will still be failed, and you are still getting decreased performance (if they failed in a manner that left them plugged/clogged) Please understand that you will ONLY be removing the EVIDENCE of the problem..

suggest gutting the failed cats hollow or replacing them with either a test pipe (straight through pipe), headers, or a high-flow cat..

Have mil eliminators been declared illegal? Best source? I would prefer plug and play if possible.

Thanks
Ray

Back