• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My part time job (nice garage)

KingpinSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Well, for the past couple of months, Ive been working a few odd jobs while looking for a real job. A family friend of ours invited me to come help him 3 days a week, as he told me he has more unfinished car projects than he can handle. I finally brought my camera out with me to snap some pics of what I have been doing. Its been a great experience for me, as I have been doing things and working on cars I would not have ever gotten to otherwise.

The "compound" as I call it. 10+ spaces under a roof, plus an office. A lift, plasma cutter, a mig welder, arc welder, lathe, etc. Basically more tools than I could ever list.

Bubbas024.jpg

In garage number 1, a Porsche convert, a Porsche hard top, a ____ drag car, a '44 Ford convert, and a '44 Ford chop top. Missing is a '44 Ford coupe TT. Both the Porsches are turbo, the red one was n/a and the silver one was turbo, but both are running custom setups now. I installed the racing seats in the red one, and have done other maintenance on both (like the plugs. 12 plugs for 6 cyl. = PITA, especially the upper ones). We "street tuned" the red one a few weeks back (me riding shotgun shouting wideband values). OMG fast describes it. The silver one leaks oil, which I may address in the future if I have time before I leave.

Garage 1:
Bubbas013.jpg

Bubbas005.jpg

Bubbas006.jpg

Bubbas007.jpg

Bubbas008.jpg

Last edited:
500+ c.i. Havent gotten to run this yet. Full tubs and cage, DOT legal slicks and skinnies.
Bubbas011.jpg

Bubbas010.jpg

Bubbas009.jpg

The Fords:
Bubbas012.jpg

Garage 2:
Bubbas014.jpg

In here we find a 1975 indy chassis, a second rear half, two backup full blocks, extra turbos, a 45 y/o Hemi, a Cobra w/o engine, etc. I have disassembled the Hemi, sandblasted and painted, reassembled. The extra indy blocks have had similar treatment. Built new wire sets for all, and today removed the back half of the indy chassis and moved the other half with engine into place. I should finish mock up of the indy chassis this week, then I get to pull it back apart and he will send it to powder coat. Im hoping we can get it back together and maybe running before I start my real job :drool: The indy car and extra blocks are all TT chevy 350s. I could go on for a while, but Ill just post the pics.

Bubbas015.jpg

Bubbas018.jpg

Second rear half with box of rockers and pushrods I took out to polish
Bubbas017.jpg

Bubbas019.jpg

Mmmm turbos! Freshly cleaned by who else?
Bubbas016.jpg

Misc. engines:
Bubbas023.jpg

Whats under here?
Bubbas020.jpg

The 427 is supposedly on order, but I have yet to hear when that will be arriving. This is another project he wants me to start before I leave :rolleyes:

And to keep it Contour related, turbos, race cars, and a SVT:
Bubbas022.jpg

Hard work pays off! Eh, getting lucky helps too!

That is pretty damn awesome, now is this located in the guys back yard or in an industrial area?!

I love the slant nose! :drool:

wow, just wow! :shocked:

He lives on a farm on the edge of town. I dream of space like that, let alone the collection. I have been taking full advantage of the lift. I do my maint. there!

i dont mean to brag or anything but my next door nieghbor has a 8 car garage. all cassics, 4 jags one e-type one markII and the other 2 i dont know, one ferarri, he used to have some open wheel cars in ther but i dont know anymore. wifes car and his company car. he used to have a 98 cobra and was going to get an 03 when they came out but never did, her also had a SHO. what he sold the cobra for was a Ford GT but he never got it. boo

Last edited:
that's pretty darn cool
Is the floor textured? At first glance I thought it was carpet, but I was like "no way that's carpet in there"

that's pretty darn cool
Is the floor textured? At first glance I thought it was carpet, but I was like "no way that's carpet in there"

Na its just interlocking rubber tiles/mats. They are in every ice hockey rink. Many uses such as protecting the edges of the blades on ice hockey skates....or.....parking you car on.

i dont mean to brag or anything but my next door nieghbor has a 8 car garage. all cassics, 4 jags one e-type one markII and the other 2 i dont know, one ferarri, he used to have some open wheel cars in ther but i dont know anymore. wifes car and his company car. he used to have a 98 cobra and was going to get an 03 when they came out but never did, her also had a SHO. what he sold the cobra for was a Ford GT but he never got it. boo

How is it bragging when you are speaking about your neighbor?!

And futhermore your post sucks! So he sold his cobra for a Ford GT he never got...ya don't say! :rolleyes:

Back