• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

sunroof motor cover

i took my sunroof motor out several months ago. i got a new motor. i'm having trouble getting the cover back on. i know there's 2 bolts on the front of the cover. where does the back slide into that holds it up?

if you've done this before, please explain it clearly for me. pictures would be even better.

thanks!
JOE

I'm sorry that I dont have any pix, but on the backside of the cover there are some clips, basically you slide the cover onto the metal by the motor, it should hang there without the mounting screws (mine did for a long time because the mounts were broken off) and then its just simply lining up the front holes and gently screwing them in until you feel slight resistance. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN the screws, they will break. I'm sure more people will chime in possibly with pix, I did this in my car one morning in under 1 min when I recieved my replacement cover.

Waite, how did you get a replacement cover??!!! I've been trying to get jus a cover instead of the whole sunroof motor but no one will sell me jus the cover. How, where, and how much did you get yours?
I did this in my car one morning in under 1 min when I recieved my replacement cover.

Buy from a private seller. There are lots of people out there that need motors, covers not so much. The only exception is that a lot of people break their screw holes when they take it off the first time.

Also I found two small black clips with my with my file of sunroof stuff and that is what i think the back hangs on. Can someone confirm this.
thanks
Joe

Back