• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SUV Rollover Caught on Video

Well if that Taurus indeed just drove off (the one who was the first there) he is guilty of failing to stop and give aid. Someone should turn his license plate and ass in for a ticket.

But I guess he was late for a meeting or something...jerk.

yea i know huh! wow people

yeah that was pretty amazing :nonono: i assume if it was in LA those people who didnt help out would start honking at the wreck

cant you get in trouble for driving away from an accident and not doing anything to help???

you have no duty to help anyone who has been injured, unless you caused the accident. moral duty, yes. legal duty, no. even a professional like a doctor is not legally bound to render assistance to an injured person. but by their oath they are. unless of course youre in an episode of Seinfeld :shrug:

i cant believe those people just drove around them. :nonono:

i saw an Explorer roll over from my cubicle's 5th floor window years ago. it took an offramp>left turn to fast and rolled over, landing upside down. after about five minutes, the driver crawled back inside and pulled out a car seat with an infant in it. i dont know wtf he was waiting for but thank GOD for modern car seats!! im sure his wife kicked his arse when got home! :crazy: plenty of people did stop and run over immediately though. happened in a busy intersection in front of our 34 story building.

I think tod is being unreasonable! People came over pretty quickly! I would give it a moment to settle, make sure it doesn't blow up and survey the scene before I jump in there! Furthermore, traffic passes, because there was already people there! If a few guys were there and unless I was a doctor I would continue on my way.

i dunno, when there was an acsident in front of me where a rader took a corner to fast and hit the median and cut across the road and hit two cars I jump right out of my car and started looking around making sure people where ok, right after everything settled until well after the police showed up, the lucky part was it happened in front of a fire department ...

I think tod is being unreasonable! People came over pretty quickly! I would give it a moment to settle, make sure it doesn't blow up and survey the scene before I jump in there! Furthermore, traffic passes, because there was already people there! If a few guys were there and unless I was a doctor I would continue on my way.

This isn't the movies. The likelyhood of an explosion, ESPECIALLY in something as tame as a rollover, is nearly impossible.

yeah that was pretty amazing :nonono: i assume if it was in LA those people who didnt help out would start honking at the wreck

cant you get in trouble for driving away from an accident and not doing anything to help???

Depends what state your in. My state you do not have to stop, and if you do you are not liable in anyway. Some states if you stop and you help someone and say give CPR and they die, their family could sue you and say you ****ed it up. Not saying the Taurus was right for leaving thought!!! I had a drunk driver hit me in the side going about 90 last year and 10 cars just drove by while I hung out my window all dazed and the other driver fled. People are real pieces of work nowadays

wen i totaled my ill mystique(mistake) people were all over in a sec. it may have been longer tho cause i woke up on the side of the road screaming cause i broke my leg(the femur) and right arm but i can scream and cry im still only 18

I'll bet pretty good money that most of you complaining about people not stopping, have in the past driving right past the scene of a recent accident, and anyone that says they never have is a lier and should be shot. Granted the taurus should of stopped and rendered aid, even if all he did was ask if the guy was ok and called 911. Sometimes all you can do is dial 911. Everyone is so scared of getting sued these days and so ready to sue, that if u were to give help and something, god forbid, should happen to injure the person more than they were, u'd get blamed for it and get ur butt sued off.

Robert

I'll bet pretty good money that most of you complaining about people not stopping, have in the past driving right past the scene of a recent accident, and anyone that says they never have is a lier and should be shot.

You're an idiot! Should be shot?! WTF? I've only encountered one that happened right in front of me. Every other accident I've ever seen has had medical/police help at already and I've been on this planet for 32 years! If make such a statement you must have been the Taurus driver.:p Get back to putting 62# injectors on your car.

When I almost got ran over by a guy who had jumped a curb and flew through a Walgreens parking lot hitting multiple cars, an off-duty officer and I were willing to help out. But as soon as the officer pulled the guy out and I saw him puke blood onto the ground, I decided that was enough for me.

Back