• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I got a spoiler for my car...

y2ksvt might be the almighty god on here, :shrug:

I-am-CEG.jpg

:laugh::laugh:

ive been here for a year:shrug: and as far as just stock parts, well have you ever seen my car?

DSC01892_892_038.jpg

Why don't you take that ground scrapping pile of garbage to the junk yard already...there is a reason you put the turbo on the silver can instead of that one. :laugh:

And the other pic needs more angels blowing trumpets.

yah like you don't like to argue on here, right :rolleyes:

y2ksvt might be the almighty god on here, but nonetheless he posted a blatent slam against me so what im just gonna shut my mouth and not say anything, I thought we where all aloud to post our own opinions right :shrug:

Yes, you've got the right to state your opinion. That's exactly what I did. My opinion of the car is that it needs some work. Some of the modifications look like accidents to me. I'm sure he has plans to fix it up, and I guarantee he'll get a lot of thumbs up when he finishes those mods. A non-matching spoiler is no better than a non-matching body kit in my opinion. If he's really proud of the spoiler, than he won't care what I, or anyone else has to say. Your sticking up for the OP whenever someone posts an opinion is what warranted the humor from me, so get over it. As for the Almight God comment, I don't even know how to respond to that.

The car is clean, and I can certainly appreciate that he wants to put some work into it. I still have a soft spot for Contiques, which is big part of why I still come to this site, aside from the people that I've gotten to know. If you want opinions from people who have owned, and been around these cars for a long time, then you have to take the bad with the good.

Mark

Well 95 Mystique i wouldn't say it looks great but it doesnt look ass ugly either. It's not my car so I'm not going to say rip it off, but if it followed the lines of the trunk a bit more it wouldn't have received such negative criticism.

I'm sure the car will look a lot better once you finish out your planned mods but as we both know, saving money is easier said than done.

Personally, I'd lay off on the threads with pictures of your car until after carlisle, because its not worth it if you're going to get a bunch of negative feedback. That's why i don't bother with pictures of my car, i learned early that everyone pretty much frowns upon my bodykit. If i do something huge i post a few pictures, but otherwise i tend to just mod without people knowing. I'd rather try and help someone else than have eleven pages of boo's like you've received.

Lay off the pictures but still continue to work on that bad boy.

Well 95 Mystique i wouldn't say it looks great but it doesnt look ass ugly either. It's not my car so I'm not going to say rip it off, but if it followed the lines of the trunk a bit more it wouldn't have received such negative criticism.

I'm sure the car will look a lot better once you finish out your planned mods but as we both know, saving money is easier said than done.

Personally, I'd lay off on the threads with pictures of your car until after carlisle, because its not worth it if you're going to get a bunch of negative feedback. That's why i don't bother with pictures of my car, i learned early that everyone pretty much frowns upon my bodykit. If i do something huge i post a few pictures, but otherwise i tend to just mod without people knowing. I'd rather try and help someone else than have eleven pages of boo's like you've received.

Lay off the pictures but still continue to work on that bad boy.

thanks man, wat body kit do u have on ur car?

well, like i said, i have the side skirts that need painted yet, and i got an offer for tires for 40 bucks for the 16's so i have to wait till after carlisle to put them on, i think it should look better by then..

So at any point were you planning on telling me you weren't buying my tires? Thank you for wasting my time with the 100 PMs, me taking pictures of them, and waiting "2 weeks" for you to send a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing money order.

A simple PM to let me know you didn't want to pay that much later, or that you were buying tires from someone else would of been nice. But I guess that's too much to ask for.

While bagged has been in the game a while, hes only been here a year lol.
From the quality of his work I assumed he had been around for a while.

By the way bagged, the only non OEM parts on the exterior of that car are the rims.

What this board is lacking is the very thing 95 Myst is trying to do, bring a little variety in here. If one of you guys found a common junkyard wing that went nicely I'd first want to know about it, and second want a picture. This choice might not be what everyone is looking for, but for the options available, he made a damn good choice.

So at any point were you planning on telling me you weren't buying my tires? Thank you for wasting my time with the 100 PMs, me taking pictures of them, and waiting "2 weeks" for you to send a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing money order.

A simple PM to let me know you didn't want to pay that much later, or that you were buying tires from someone else would of been nice. But I guess that's too much to ask for.

Well c'mon Tony with the kind of prices YOU charge :rolleyes:

/sarcasm

Please tell me that you are kidding? Please?

Wow.

as far as exterior goes, the only thing besides the rims that I see on that car this is aftermarket is the door hinges for the lambo doors. that and of course its slammed to the bloody ground :laugh:

What this board is lacking is the very thing 95 Myst is trying to do, bring a little variety in here. If one of you guys found a common junkyard wing that went nicely I'd first want to know about it, and second want a picture. This choice might not be what everyone is looking for, but for the options available, he made a damn good choice.

variety is great .... but this wing doesn't go nicely, if it did then that would be another story ...

just read past to past threads ... the contour looks best with a factory spoiler, a lip spoiler or none at all ... the rest have just about never worked well with the body lines and shape of the contour.

you have to remember this car has now be out of production for 8 years, in some ways everything has been done and done again so we know what works and doesn't work etc ...

Well c'mon Tony with the kind of prices YOU charge :rolleyes:

/sarcasm

Even if the price wasn't within his budget, I would of been happy to lower the price some more. If still too high, just tell me you aren't getting them, and be done with it. This whole time I'm waiting for a payment.

Please tell me that you are kidding? Please?

Wow.
Hinges - hidden behind closed doors.
Suspension - definatly not stock, but also not exterior
Headlights are OEM, just cracked open and hightowered
Knauberized Still OEM, just less OEM there
Paint is custom, should have mentioned it :rolleyes:
Mesh - so that makes 3 non stock pure exterior bits.

i totally agree with you. out of all the 8 or 9 forums, this is the only one that bashes on the stuff i do to any of the cars i work on. i mod a Saturn SL-2, ION, Grand Am, Civic and Tempo, and i've never gotten any bashing on any of those sites except for the Civic forum, this is the only one. I dont get it.
Your Tempo was hot. Your Mystique looks like a beater.
(I've reworded that several times to not be as harsh)
Otherwise, I agree with Honkeytonk Monkey.

Lots of bickering in this thread.

Last edited:
Back