• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I got a spoiler for my car...

no, welcome to a select few who do nothing but hate, I have seen lost of nice poeple on here who offer constructive critisism, and I have seen some who do nothing but flame.

i totally agree with you. out of all the 8 or 9 forums, this is the only one that bashes on the stuff i do to any of the cars i work on. i mod a Saturn SL-2, ION, Grand Am, Civic and Tempo, and i've never gotten any bashing on any of those sites except for the Civic forum, this is the only one. I dont get it.

you know what they say about opinions

and don't you guys remember what your mommas use to tell you, if you don't have something good to say don't say anything at all. I guess some of your moms must have forgot to teach you that one?

you know what they say about opinions

and don't you guys remember what your mommas use to tell you, if you don't have something good to say don't say anything at all. I guess some of your moms must have forgot to teach you that one?

i didnt mind the first couple of comments, if u dont like it, say it, but dont start bashing on me and my way of modding. if u dont like it, say it and be done with it.

I can't say im on board with the spoiler 100%, but it isn't that bad. I think it could grow on me.

On a side note...that is one CLEAN mystique :drool: Looks good!

to be honest. I will say this. Congrats on trying to be diffent. Do i like it? No. i would have saved the money for something better for the car. but will i start bashing you for what you did? No. because you did it and you like it. who cares what everyone thinks on this site. i post pics and if people make fun of it then whatever. i take what they say and mull it over and who knows maby it makes sense and you can put it to good use. but like I said. if you like it then dont let all these people bother you with their EPIC FAIL crap.

If the curve of the spoiler matched the curve of the trunklid I'd say good job, but compared to the top of the trunk it's damned near flat and the Alero's trunklid is less angled than the Tour so it now appears to be tilting backwards.

I'm all for trying new things, but that spoiler is a new thing that didn't work. Try some junkyard jumping until you find something that better fits the car. Lots of manufacturers use that style, it can't be too hard to find one that matches the car's Contours.

i'll park next to you :) and share my canopy and we'll have a grand-ole time!

I don't think anyone is dis-owning him or the car, some (like me) are asking which direction/style is he going with. I'm quick to aid, give some advice if I have a clue. But from his present and past postings I'm clueless:shrug: .

And to cover the issue of money, I'm not dropping $20's on the ground to cover my tracks. I have to work OT to pay for my mods and then that gets eaten up with household issues: home repairs, Son's prom, graduation, to name a few just in this month alone. I'll be more than happy to trade him my monthly list for his:

Mortgage: 1600
Utilities: 800
Car note 380 Wifes'
Credit C 1K
Food 600 5kids
Gas 600

I do side work so I can do mods to my ride:
DJ party's
Video project
Photo shoots
:cool:
For me I buy my parts when I can and then wait until I'm able to do it right. I waited 9 months to put my spoiler, so it would look right with the mirko, the eyelids sat in the bedroom in box for 4 months. Saved up my pennies and got it painted at a shop so it would look top notch and match the car. I'm looking at doing the dash next, but seeing which way I want to go, paint match or carbon fiber. Or hold off and get the seats redone with some custom work. Do I have the cash right now NO! so its about planning and saving. So there will be no Pic's until I get it right. When I came to the board last year, the first thing I did was seach all the old pic's thread and see what has been done, so I could get a ideal of what mods I would like to do. So I have used some and others have giving me ideals on how to be different from the pack. Its always a risk, but if you do it right (top notch) then most will give the thumbs up. Not saying one needs the approvefull of this board, but if you post for opinions get your thick coat on and hold on.

So I have used some and others have giving me ideals on how to be different from the pack.

exactly, others have giving me ideas on how to be different. I don't see too many people giving advice on what they think would make it look better, just alot of people saying it looks like crap.

Okay fine, want it to look different and better?
  • Paint the spoiler to match the body first.
  • Wheels
  • SE Side skirts. Makes the body seem lower to the ground.
  • 96-97 rear bumper cover. Smoother lines, can find one in the same color, and cheap from a junk yard.
  • Window tint?
  • Custom Mercury badge? I made mine with a V6 badge off an Escape
Those are quick little things you can have for under a paycheck, sans the painting (but maybe you can rattle-can it?)

Sometimes I think its a little about how to handle the criticism from other people. Maybe just ask "how would you mod it then on a budget that i've got?" and people have many opinions about that. Then you can say what sucks and what doesn't:laugh:;)lol

i have the paint on order, i have skirts sitting in my car right now in primer waiting for the paint, i have tires comming to me in 2 weeks at carlisle for my rims, will that make u guys happy then?

i dont think it will. all they hear is "IM GONNA BLA BLA BLA"

Can you blame anyone? It's like the people with a future mods list that's 5 pages long, when their current income is $0. It's cool to have dreams and aspirations, but this is turning into the little boy who cried wolf. He's actually going to have some pictures of his car with wheels, paint, sideskirts, etc, but nobody is even going to look. Just my opinion. :shrug:

Mark

Can you blame anyone? It's like the people with a future mods list that's 5 pages long, when their current income is $0. It's cool to have dreams and aspirations, but this is turning into the little boy who cried wolf. He's actually going to have some pictures of his car with wheels, paint, sideskirts, etc, but nobody is even going to look. Just my opinion. :shrug:

Mark

thats funny because it seems there are alot of people looking :shrug:

the zx spoiler doesnt look too bad, but seems a little too short for my taste...

also, this post was started to get a yay or nay response, i didnt mean to start a fight between everyone. i mean, holy ****, 8 pages of people nit pickin back and forth. for the guys who do like my idea and are giving me credit i appreciate it, but dont start a war here.

Back