• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I got a spoiler for my car...

I like it. It's not the perfect wing for the car, but it's a nice-looking, subtle touch that livens the car up a bit:shrug: . I'm not gunna post up huge "fail" pictures... I would if it was a huge, aluminum APC wing, but this isn't bad-looking at all.

Some CEG'ers are no better than JDM whores.

Staring at 12 different photos of a stock contour or mystique is about as exciting as seeing my grandma drive one. :help:

I am not making fun of the guy. I'm simply saying, hold off the pictures until the pictures demonstrate what you want to show, and not what you imply it will become.

yah and looking at huge fail pictures is about as fun as cutting my wrist :rolleyes:

we are on a website for contours right :shrug: just checkin :laugh:

He had something he wanted to show. How many times have you seen CEG'ers post pictures of their pre98 trunk swaps? At least this is an attempt at something a bit different.

He had something he wanted to show. How many times have you seen CEG'ers post pictures of their pre98 trunk swaps? At least this is an attempt at something a bit different.

I don't think anyone is knocking him for being different, but he has posted before about the rims and other mods and we are seeing no real change in the vehicle. I would feel just as good if he would go for the plain stock look, but from what has been posted it gives one the impression of seeing a beater with 20's on it.

yah and looking at huge fail pictures is about as fun as cutting my wrist :rolleyes:

Actually yes it might be. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

we are on a website for contours right :shrug: just checkin :laugh:

Yes we are. But as RecoveryOne already pointed out what I've been saying all along, he's leading us on with his mods and not changing anything. Staring at three or four threads of the same car without any changes but a spoiler is.. so exciting! :laugh: :laugh: :blackeye:

woah a suicide joke, never heard one of those before. :nonono:

I agree with Kenny, he tried something different, didnt work out. I think this guy just isnt wisely looking at where to spend his money (as if spending money on a car is wise to begin with, but a hobby is a hobby), I hope he didnt pay like $100 for this spoiler, because like I said in my earlier post, that money could have been put towards things the car needed more. SE skirts should have been first; because they are the least expensive to put on, then tires, then drop the suspension.

I gotta give the guy some credit for trying something that hasn't been done, could have looked awesome, but it didnt.

looks like a small version of the wrx wing...
i agree with the others though about it not looking right because it is just straight and doesnt go with the trunk.

If he would have posted something along this line:

Before:
IMG_0619.jpg

And After:

stockot9.jpg

He would have got nothing but praise, These stock rims can be found in most junk yards for about $20 a pop and like Alias said about the SE skirts.

woah a suicide joke, never heard one of those before. :nonono:

I agree with Kenny, he tried something different, didnt work out. I think this guy just isnt wisely looking at where to spend his money (as if spending money on a car is wise to begin with, but a hobby is a hobby), I hope he didnt pay like $100 for this spoiler, because like I said in my earlier post, that money could have been put towards things the car needed more. SE skirts should have been first; because they are the least expensive to put on, then tires, then drop the suspension.

I gotta give the guy some credit for trying something that hasn't been done, could have looked awesome, but it didnt.

the funny thing is on every one of the op's post, you do nothing but bash on him, do you have something against him or something :shrug:

the funny thing is on every one of the op's post, you do nothing but bash on him, do you have something against him or something :shrug:

I bash the mods, not him personally. hes doing stuff that I wouldn't do to the car, we have different interests in modifications.

I think he should focus his time and energy on getting the SE skirts on, getting new tires for his 16 inch wheels, and getting some lowering springs/whole new suspension, then clean off what left of that chrome strip on the front bumper under the headlights.

If that were my car, I would have cut out the resonator, replaced it with a magnaflow one, cut out the muffler and replaced it with a STRAIGHT pipe and a nice magnaflow tip, gotten some Eibach Pro springs and Koni struts, SVT E1 wheels, paint the wheels black, paint the black/chrome strip under the headlights body color, painted the rear reflector and license plate tray body color, and put some SE skirts on, that could would look hawt.

Its a clean car to work with, just not my taste with what he is doing to modify it.

I bash the mods, not him personally. hes doing stuff that I wouldn't do to the car, we have different interests in modifications.

I think he should focus his time and energy on getting the SE skirts on, getting new tires for his 16 inch wheels, and getting some lowering springs/whole new suspension, then clean off what left of that chrome strip on the front bumper under the headlights.

If that were my car, I would have cut out the resonator, replaced it with a magnaflow one, cut out the muffler and replaced it with a STRAIGHT pipe and a nice magnaflow tip, gotten some Eibach Pro springs and Koni struts, SVT E1 wheels, paint the wheels black, paint the black/chrome strip under the headlights body color, painted the rear reflector and license plate tray body color, and put some SE skirts on, that could would look hawt.

Its a clean car to work with, just not my taste with what he is doing to modify it.

your right it would look nice, but springs/struts, e1 wheels, and said exhaust work would cost alot more then the mods he has done to his car, he probably just can't afford it right now, cut him some slack man he's just enjoying his ride and thought others would appreciate his enthusiasm.

well obviously some of you havent been paying attention to my mods, i have a hollowed cat, glasspack replaced the resonator and straight pipe out the side, i have a K&N cone filter, waiting for my 90 degree bent silicon connector for my intake, i have the rims in the basement, and i AM getting the tires at Carlisle for 40 bucks. i've cleared the head lights, painted the valve cover, installed pioneer speakers and head unit, installed fog lights, and i think i've been knocked for everything i've done. i have done stuff for performance, i've dropped my 0-60 by 3 seconds from the day i got it, and i'm gettin 11MPG better than when i got it. So wats the problem? y do i need better rims for a straight line car? i admit, it would look better lowered and with different rims, and i could use a bit more performance, but wats the deal? I'm workin 2 jobs, payin for college, and trying to get my car ready for some local shows and all some of u guys do is put the car down.

cut him some slack man he's just enjoying his ride and thought others would appreciate his enthusiasm.
and there is nothing wrong with that, but when will people get it? if you post pics your gonna get everyones opinion. good and bad
learn to deal with it:shrug:

Last edited:
and there is nothing wrong with that, but when will people get it? if you post pics your gonna get everyones opinion. good and bad
learn to deal with it:shrug:

dude you are right, and I don't think the op, myself, or all the others mind constructive critisism, but thats not whats going on here, its people bashing and saying "oh you fail you fail"

welcome to ceg! :shrug: its no different for anyone else. if people dont like it why should they have to pussy foot around rather then just say what they want?

well obviously some of you havent been paying attention to my mods, i have a hollowed cat, glasspack replaced the resonator and straight pipe out the side, i have a K&N cone filter, waiting for my 90 degree bent silicon connector for my intake, i have the rims in the basement, and i AM getting the tires at Carlisle for 40 bucks. i've cleared the head lights, painted the valve cover, installed pioneer speakers and head unit, installed fog lights, and i think i've been knocked for everything i've done. i have done stuff for performance, i've dropped my 0-60 by 3 seconds from the day i got it, and i'm gettin 11MPG better than when i got it. So wats the problem? y do i need better rims for a straight line car? i admit, it would look better lowered and with different rims, and i could use a bit more performance, but wats the deal? I'm workin 2 jobs, payin for college, and trying to get my car ready for some local shows and all some of u guys do is put the car down.

I feel for ya man, it seems like alot of people on here do nothing but hate on simple little mods. its not like your trying to rice your car out, or put diamond crystals all over your car :laugh:

no, welcome to a select few who do nothing but hate, I have seen lost of nice poeple on here who offer constructive critisism, and I have seen some who do nothing but flame.

welcome to the world of everyones opinions:shrug: its the internet. not really such a big deal. he has to drive it so who cares what anyone else thinks anyway

Back