• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whos' idea????

Feimer74

CEG'er
Whos idea was it at ford not to make a svt in white????????It would have been a better choice then tropic green!not theres anything wrong with that color.........But how do you leave white out of the equation?????To me those STOCK racing colors are black,white,red, yellow,and certain blues.And no tan interiors!!!!!! unless its black on the outside.

I like the color selection. :shrug:
Although I would have preferred to have a nice blue in the lineup.

I think a lot of people don't like white, especially because it gets filthy so easily.
Pearl whites seem to be the way to go these days though.

I had a pearl white car ... never again. Impossible to keep clean, didn't shine easily, and the tiny rust spots were magnified against the bright white.
It looked nice but it wasn't my color of choice.

Tropic Green is a gorgeous color, especially on a Contour! :shrug:

Im not a big fan of white my last car was but it was hard to keep clean, but it was easy to buff! I do like the way they look with black wheels!

black is harder to keep clean than white :shrug:

silver's close enough.. I would take white over silver, but instead of green they shoulda had blue.

Last edited:
black is one of the best colors but everything shows and I hate it! I also hate buffing black! I would take silver over white any day tho, there's just something bout the silverfrost csvt that I love!

Black is the worst. Red can be pretty bad and so can blue though. I've found white cars to be the easiest to keep clean unless you get mud or tar on them.

Black is the worst but I think looks the best all cleaned up, white and silver are really easy to clean but hard to keep clean driving them everyday! I haven't gotten my car yet so I dont know how T-red is to clean

Black is the worst but I think looks the best all cleaned up, white and silver are really easy to clean but hard to keep clean driving them everyday!

I generally hate the way black cars look unless they are just leaving the car wash and are soaking wet.

Black is a pain to keep clean.. This is my first black car and its way hard then any other color Ive owned.

They should have made a white and a blue...

Last edited:
I have had 2 black cars and that's why I have a t-red now! Haha

Its easy to clean and it always looks clean .

That is why i wanted red I have a blue car then a black car. The black car too for ever to clean and i had to clean it every 3 days.

T-red FTW

Its easy to clean and it always looks clean .

That is why i wanted red I have a blue car then a black car. The black car too for ever to clean and i had to clean it every 3 days.

T-red FTW

That's good to know I haven't gotten the car home yet so I haven't gotten to clean it I can't wait to clean her up and buff her out!

I like the color selection. :shrug:
Although I would have preferred to have a nice blue in the lineup.

I think a lot of people don't like white, especially because it gets filthy so easily.
Pearl whites seem to be the way to go these days though.

goto rural Iowa, most cars are white. cause they dont get dusty:laugh:

here's a idea of what a white svt would like like. this is my old pre98 in svt performance white
723264_39_full.jpg

Back