• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Did my headlights today

looks real good. wise choice to keep ur blink reflector. as for the red hightower? Dont do it! its too obvious. when chris started this hightower mod, it was supposed to be a subtle and classy mod to make the headlights still look stock like the mauraders, mustangs etc. some however took it n ran with it. which is fine in some cases. But the tred HT on tred?... not MY cup of tea.

looks real good. wise choice to keep ur blink reflector. as for the red hightower? Dont do it! its too obvious. when chris started this hightower mod, it was supposed to be a subtle and classy mod to make the headlights still look stock like the mauraders, mustangs etc. some however took it n ran with it. which is fine in some cases. But the tred HT on tred?... not MY cup of tea.

yeah exactly, because when GM did it on the Corvette everybody stopped buying those because the headlights looked like ass :rolleyes:

Ok, dick. I want an SVT that actually runs and doesn't look like ass. If you want to take it further, PM me.

take a joke bill. I was messing with you.

Guess I dont know what you are talking about, my SVT runs great. Newer trans; brand new clutch, recently rebuilt UIM and LIM, optimized Throttle body. And looks like ass? Jeez I had no idea Stock SVTs looked like ass.

Last edited:
New Headlight Pics

New Headlight Pics

Hey I found the camera and took some better pics of the headlights. I still like them better everytime I see them. Don't mind the beauty bark, my kid kicked it right before I took the pics. For some reason the lighting still didn't turn out ideal, but you get the idea.
DSCN4834.jpg

DSCN4836.jpg

Mike I think they look owsome. I am really considering that color.

IMO I really hate the way the svt looks when the grill AND headlights are painted t-red. I can't really explain it, maybe cheap or ricey. :shrug:

I did the ones for my t-red in a darker cast finish, not black & no gloss...was going to paint the grills the same color for continuity (very similar to the CTS grill color). Nice job.

Back