• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Question

Necronommicon

CEG'er
I have the opportunity to pick up a SVT for around $500. So heres what I am wondering. Should I get it and do a 3L swap or just part it out and not bother trying to revive it. I am not sure of the year yet, I only know it has a blown motor.

Even if it's got a blown engine it's got thousands worth in parts you could easily sell! Sounds like great deal to me. I'd do the 3L swap tho.

Only reason I'm thinking about getting it and parting it out is I'm not sure if I will have enough money to do the swap, of course I'm not sure how much that would run anyways but the wedding and new house have my kinda strapped. I'll keep you guys posted.

If you're strapped for cash I'd just buy it and throw a cover over it for a while if you have a place to keep it. The hassle with parting it out is shipping stuff out when you cant find a semi-local buyer.

i say unless your new wife is mad cool dont piss her off by buying a car that doesn't run...especially if cash is tight....some women just dont see the point even if we do

now if she is cool with that and wont mind it sitting around get it and sit on it til you know what you want to do

get it and if you had to get a small loan to do the 3l and then sell the bad boy for a nice profit and pay off the loan

And the 3l swap for me so far hasn't been to expensive.I bought an 04 taurus motor with 22,000 mi on it for $575.That years got the more agreesive cams in it.Shavedsvt is doing the install at a reasonable rate for me as well.The cost may occur in the tranny depending on the condition,but still kinda cheap cause the motor will be out.I can give you more details if you are interested.Even if you hold it for awhile it would be worth it.

She's gettin a custom pulley kit fabbed up,smog elim/ac elim all in one.It's at my buddys shop and he's takin forever it seems,He's makin it and using my stang for his prototype.He think he's gonna get rich.

Back