• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

'95 trunk liner

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
Finally found one that wasn't beat to crap. So much better than the POS 96+ one that just lies there like a dead hooker.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

From what I can tell. My 96 car had the same as my 98. The carpet goes all the way to the edges now and it's thicker. The backing on it makes it stay pretty well put too.

What did your 96 one look like? I have a 95 but the backing is not the same, it is just yellow foam where as the 95 you have looks like it has a no slip backing?

Umm like all 96+ on up as stated. Piece of board glued to some thin carpet.

just made one for my csvt yesterday. Took a 37x32 inch thin plywood, some speaker box carpet and a a can of 3M Spray adhesive and some heavy duty sheers, and made a completely new one. (my stock one had Prestone spill all over it and the wood warped)

That was the first thing I did to mine when I got it a little over a year ago. I bought some of that pressed board crap and new carpet, then used some adhesive to basically just make a new one.
Dang, now I have to keep my eyes open for a pre-96 at the yard!! :laugh:
Erick --

if anybodiy else has a problem with the wood warping all ya have to do is mist it down with water and weight it gown flat when it dries it will be flat again. also is it just mine or does the thing that secures the tire in seem to interfere with the liner laying all the way down in anybody elses car let me know chad

if anybodiy else has a problem with the wood warping all ya have to do is mist it down with water and weight it gown flat when it dries it will be flat again.

That's exactly what I did with mine a few weeks ago. My carpet was in perfect shape except for the warp. My trunk used to leak water so it warped the hell out of it.

A quick vacuum, rinse, and then tons of weight on it for a day, left it flat and looking new again. It actually touches the edges of the trunk now too. :cool:

if anybodiy else has a problem with the wood warping all ya have to do is mist it down with water and weight it gown flat when it dries it will be flat again. also is it just mine or does the thing that secures the tire in seem to interfere with the liner laying all the way down in anybody elses car let me know chad

What do you mean lying all the way down? When you put the white cone in the hole in the board and screw it down, the thin rim of the cone should be up against the board and the screw should be recessed into the cone... Is that what you mean? :shrug:

What do you mean lying all the way down? When you put the white cone in the hole in the board and screw it down, the thin rim of the cone should be up against the board and the screw should be recessed into the cone... Is that what you mean? :shrug:

he is talking about the post 98 style trunk carpet that has some think wood/carboard like material in the carpet that is over the spare tire. when it gets wet it deforms and caves into the spare tire well.

again the pre98s have the seperate fiber board and carpet like you have...

I think its time you come to a meet and check out the differences between a pre and post 98 ....

he is talking about the post 98 style trunk carpet that has some think wood/carboard like material in the carpet that is over the spare tire. when it gets wet it deforms and caves into the spare tire well.

again the pre98s have the seperate fiber board and carpet like you have...

I think its time you come to a meet and check out the differences between a pre and post 98 ....

Im probably coming to the July meet, sheesh :laugh:

Your brining the SeVT right, that is post98? :p

I have been to a junkyard and seen post98's, I guess I never notice anything though :troutslap:

Im probably coming to the July meet, sheesh :laugh:

Your brining the SeVT right, that is post98? :p

I have been to a junkyard and seen post98's, I guess I never notice anything though :troutslap:

yeah I will be there with the SeVT-T most likely ... if not the SVT. besides I has a pre98 also ...

you would be suprised the number of differences. you could almost go as far as saying that the only thing in common between the pre and post 98 is the name contour ...

Back