• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

strange code i think

CSVT_MAN

New CEG'er
i noticed the other day that i had a flashing light on my dash and it is the one in the bottom right corner. it is the one where it looks like a person with the air bag is deployed. it would flash 2 or 3 times, I think it is 2 and then stop and then flash again. it went away the next time i started my '98 svt contour and then i noticed it agaon the next time i drove it. my first guess is there is something wrong with the air bags but that sounds strange to me. i was wondering if anyone knows what this means or how to find out what i means.

i was wondering where you guys have found out what sequence of flashes gives you which code. i have found what each code number means in relation to air bag codes but i don't know how to tell what the flashes mean

I thought I just explained it to you above?

If you are asking HOW to determine WHICH code your light is trying to tell you, then you just look at the flashes, and count.

wait for the long pause in the series, then start counting.

the first set of repetitive flashes is the first digit, then it will pause.
the second set of flashes is the second digit, then it will pause for a long time, and repeat.

ok thanks ray that is what i was wondering. i didn't know that is how the number is obtained.

Back