• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

full damper ie: d2 , kw

grahamb

CEG'er
Any body using a full damper on their svt , how does this compare to say koni's with ground control, or koni sport kit?

My D2's are like night and day from my Koni/eibach setup. The Body just does not roll and the nose doesn't dive on braking or lift on acceleration just constantly flat and linear turning abd braking.

ive ridden in a car with d2 before, the thing i really want is adjustable dampening which is why im leaning more towards the KW's

I did a quick search for a Contour/cougar KW kit but found nothing; anybody gotta link?

If you want a D2 kit you'll need 4 other interested souls, because they don't stock the kit and 5 is the minimum production run.

And about 5-6 months lead time at least!

Curious what size wheels and tires are people using, including offset and any spacers with there d2 kit. And how low do you have it?

Curious what size wheels and tires are people using, including offset and any spacers with there d2 kit. And how low do you have it?

I'm running stock 16's, with no offset or spacer. it really should be run with a spacer of some sort as the gap between the tire edge and the spring assembly is about a nickle's thickness [the cars not being driven so this doesnt concern me at the moment... nor have the tires actually rubbed... I put some pressure sensitive tape on the strut and there has been no contact].

mines low in front, I have about a 1 finger gap between the wheel and the fender [this is a cougar so that may not be a fair indication... but its low to the point the camber is stupid]

Back