• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Seatbelt law enforcement

Rara

Hard-core CEG'er
Huge seatbelt enforcement trap up here in Farmington Hills today. I'm sure they are elsewhere as well.

Wear your seatbelts!

I feel wierd without a seatbelt on. Even if I'm just moving my car up the driveway or something I'll often end up putting it on out of habit.

same here, its always on. Something just feels wrong and bad when its not on.

so im not worried

I heard about that in OH as well.

Not a big deal to me, I wear mine all the time. I used to be an occasional thing for me, then I got hit head on doing 45mph while wearing a seat belt....couldnt have imagined what would have happened if I didnt have it on. Im sure it would have been a lot worse than the shattered knee cap and 2 fractures in my femur. Now I have a hardware store in my right leg!

Funny part is I was driving an s-10 and the woman who hit me was in a 99-2000 cougar.....they total the truck and fix the cougar!

I really need to scan the pics from the accident and post them up......its amazing how a chevy just falls apart, and you end up with an engine in your lap

Ironically, I still feel that seatbelt laws (and helmet laws) are unconstitutional, and violate our basic rights; but I would never drive without my seatbelt and never ride without a helmet.

Yes unconstitutional, but definatly needed. Theres one right down the road from my school, walkers with radios calling in cars and all. I'm curious if anyone was late coming back from lunch because of a ticket...

Ironically, I still feel that seatbelt laws (and helmet laws) are unconstitutional, and violate our basic rights; but I would never drive without my seatbelt and never ride without a helmet.

I concur.

In farmington hills you must wear a helmet while riding your bicycle.:nonono: Here in livonia its not enforced. Thank god for level headed people.

ITs a bicycle for petes sake, not a motor cycle :help:

I should go grab some photos of the person that was ejected 50 ft from a car while driving with no seat belt and got into a head on with a drunk.

Lets just say the impact on the hood pinched off the guys head like a bad zit. I wear my seat belt thusly I get no ticket... plain and simple. :D

leave it to rawburt to be the one cumbucket that complains about wearing a seatbelt.

i'm showing up with brett tomorrow, just so ya know. :laugh:

Word.

I need to find my lug key asap.... Or we're not gonna have a whole lot to do. Are you off tomorrow? call some tire joints and see if they have mcgard lug keys.... Ill reward you handsomely. Bring my beer too.

Word.

I need to find my lug key asap.... Or we're not gonna have a whole lot to do. Are you off tomorrow? call some tire joints and see if they have mcgard lug keys.... Ill reward you handsomely. Bring my beer too.

i think the only places to get a lug key is if you like buy a new set or order one from mcgard. i'm off early afternoon, gotta do some crap, then i'm heading to brett's, then your place i think, and i wasn't aware i had any of your beer, but if you mean the yueng in brett's car, i'll remind him.

i agree...it shouldn't be mandatory, but i always wear them. its a good way to weed out the idiots.

i'm probably gunna get hassled in my truck, i installed lapbelts, so i can easily see a cop pulling me over for not wearing one, ugh.
my station wagon didn't come with seat belts from the factory, so i didn't have to have them, but i installed lap belts for my own safety.

quick helmet story:
In NH there are no helmet laws, in MA there are.
I was coming home from NH one day and saw a guy on a motorcycle with a half helmet hanging off his arm, well as we approached the MA boarder he decided it was time to put the helmet on, at 70 MPH in the passing lane.
he almost dumped twice.

Back