• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OPTIMIZED LIM.. anyone?

24vtom

CEG'er
im working on puting svt uim,lim,and tb to m ake my MSVT.
i optimized the throttle body and it came out real nice. and then i looked at the LIM, and thought about optimizing the butterflye valves the same way as the tb? has anyone ever done this, or thought about it? im thinking that it might make a nice improvement on topend..

I know it's been done in the past. I'm sure you would get some gains up top but how much I don't know.

Try searching the old forums as I know I haven't heard of it being done since they went to the new forums.

It seemed that the general consensus was too much work for very minimal gains. IIRC anyways...

i started doing one this past winter...i should get on the ball and finish it...the screws are harder to get out than they are in the tb,so thats been my hang up,i had to drill out a few of them already.
the only part of the shaft you can shave is the part behind the plates,and its a tight squeeze if you don't take the rods out of the lim. but taking them out creates a new problem,getting the rods back in the spring clip thingy is tough.
as far as gain..who knows,perhaps combined w/port matching and a optimized tb the whole setup might flow a few more cfm:shrug:

Sho shop made a Custom LIM 37mm intakes :D
No i wont sell it don't pm me

SVT024Medium.jpg

SVT023Medium.jpg

wow...those big bores look huge compared to the smaller runners.

Beans you never told me you had that item....

hmmmm we should hang out more often :laugh:

Sho shop made a Custom LIM 37mm intakes :D
SVT024Medium.jpg

Now do all the LIM has space between the mini plates?? OR because those plates are from the sho, that they are shapped differently and create a slight gap??

Now do all the LIM has space between the mini plates?? OR because those plates are from the sho, that they are shapped differently and create a slight gap??

Those are custom butterfly's from Sho shop, couldn't tell you why there is a space

wow...those big bores look huge compared to the smaller runners.

Beans you never told me you had that item....

hmmmm we should hang out more often :laugh:
Well i can't share everything i buy now can i? I would a thread every 10 mins :laugh:

ya, its seems like alot of work for not much of a difference then.. probly wont do it, if anything ill probly just file down the ends of the screws sticking outa the plates.,

thanks guys

btw BEANS said that the custom sho shop LIM bores are 37mm,,, but anyone know the bore size of the stock svt ???? jw:shrug:

there are two sizes. the 98's had 32/33 and the 99/00 had the 34/35(could be wrong on both,but i don't think so) its the same manifold as the 3L split port duratec uses,and the 00+cougars.

there are two sizes. the 98's had 32/33 and the 99/00 had the 34/35(could be wrong on both,but i don't think so) its the same manifold as the 3L split port duratec uses,and the 00+cougars.

You are correct. 34/35 is accurate. The sho shop is ?/37

Wait a second, that LIM is only 37mm because it has been half shafted. Huh... wow i might just pick up a 2000+ cougar LIM and half shaft it.

Last edited:
i started half shafting one...what a pain in the ass. i just ended up totally gutting it. that was a few years ago. i'm older and have more patience now:laugh:

i started half shafting one...what a pain in the ass. i just ended up totally gutting it. that was a few years ago. i'm older and have more patience now:laugh:

Pole120 did the lim mod with 65mm tb and he said he lost a good amount of tq.

So i might just pass on this now.

Make sure you lock tite those screws. Mapoftazi did this mod and the screw fell into the engine and eventually demolished his piston head:blackeye:

You are correct. 34/35 is accurate. The sho shop is ?/37

Wait a second, that LIM is only 37mm because it has been half shafted. Huh... wow i might just pick up a 2000+ cougar LIM and half shaft it.

Huh? Its 37mm because they bored out the hole then halfshafted the secondaries with a custom butterfly. I used to own this LIM, it was pretty nice I must say. The primarys are the stock size though FYI.

Back