• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what kinda pulleys

24vtom

CEG'er
i got 2 pulleys off this guy that i had bought some svt parts off of and
i know that one is a crank pulley, and the other is a ps pulley, but idk if the crank pulley is a underdrive, or dampener. and the brand is unknown,
is there anyone that knows how to tell what kind these are if i post a picpulley both.jpg

pulley.jpg

The bottom picture is a crank pulley. It seems without something next to it, it seems to be the same size as a stock pulley.

The top pulley is a P/S pulley.

IF you didn't already know, those 2 pulleys were custom made.

custom? u meen like someone had it made from a CNC machine or something, not like from a company.
and how do i know if the ps pulley is underdrive?
and if the crank pulley is safe to run, cuz i read up on udp and it seem like a bad ideal for a daily driver, and can cause damage to engine?
if im wrong please correct me.....

because idk if i want to run them or just sell them

you'd have to measure it,or compare it to a stocker to know for sure. but either way its going to be lighter

is there any risk, in useing the crank pulley? iv read that these pulleys are sometimes bad,
and what about the ps pulley, what does underdriving the ps do, just make it harder to turn the wheel or something??

i don't mind using crank udp. several years,and 50k miles...no issues's:shrug:

Acutally mine made my car rev sooo smooth. I love it at all rpms. No more vibration at idle any more. I like the smoothness more than reving it :cool:

I wouldn't use any crank pulley that did not have dampener construction. The seals on the front crank is susceptible to leaking. There is stories that the Duratec needs this dampening from causing damage.

There is an explaination in the British American Transfer catalog. BAT is a performance parts supplier.

http://64.202.180.37/files/contour.PDF

I wouldn't use any crank pulley that did not have dampener construction. The seals on the front crank is susceptible to leaking. There is stories that the Duratec needs this dampening from causing damage.

There is an explaination in the British American Transfer catalog. BAT is a performance parts supplier.

http://64.202.180.37/files/contour.PDF

I agree on the 2.5 platform they had horrible results according to ORP.

They had better results with almost no crank whip in the 3.0L. Which will be going into my car soon, so i don't care if i blow this motor:shrug:

Back