• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Help me Identify this Bushing

Vigilante

New CEG'er
Hey guys. My car's suspension has been making a terrible squeak lately, so I got under it and found that one of the bushings on the drivers side, rear lower control arm is pretty much gone. Can anyone identify this bushing for me? I have no idea what it would be called and I would like to find out so that I can buy a replacement. If anyone can let me know how hard it would be to replace I would appreciate it as well. It looks like it wouldn't be that hard, but I can't tell for sure.

This picture is taken from under the car looking rearward, and of course, the bushing in question is in the red circle.
CopyofHPIM0773.jpg

You need new rear sway bar end link bushings. If those are worn the end link is most likely worn too. I think The Ford dealer is the best place to get them. Don't think any aftermarket companies off a rear end link.

I want to get a set of Energy link bushings and see if they'll work in those spots. They may be too fat but it would do a great job of holding the links together.

You need new rear sway bar end link bushings. If those are worn the end link is most likely worn too. I think The Ford dealer is the best place to get them. Don't think any aftermarket companies off a rear end link.

rockauto.com $15 each from spicer.

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I appreciate it.

Edit: How hard would it be to change out the the end link and bushing? Would I need any special tools? It doesn't look like a hard job, but looks can be deceiving.

Last edited:

Bradness makes nice beefy aftermarket ones. PM him

Stazi does as well, though they're on the expensive side. See his sig for price and more info. I have them on my car.

I'm running Bradness end links and they are much more solid than the crappy Ford OEM ones.

Tough to see from the pics but you get the idea:

DSCF1863Medium.jpg

DSCF1919Medium.jpg

DSCF1931Medium.jpg

So the universal bushings will work back there? How about on the front?

Fron endlinks do not look the same as the rear. They do acutally sell adjustable front ones end links but are kinda pointless. Just buy Ford front end links.

I have stazi end links on my car. IIRC they were 70-75 dollars.
Looking at the photos bradness endlinks look way thicker than the ones stazi sells.

Fron endlinks do not look the same as the rear. They do acutally sell adjustable front ones end links but are kinda pointless. Just buy Ford front end links.

I'm just talking about the bushings, not the links themselves. Energy Suspension makes an 8 pack of universal poly bushings that I hoped would work where the endlinks mount to the chassis.

Hey guys. My car's suspension has been making a terrible squeak lately, so I got under it and found that one of the bushings on the drivers side, rear lower control arm is pretty much gone. Can anyone identify this bushing for me? I have no idea what it would be called and I would like to find out so that I can buy a replacement. If anyone can let me know how hard it would be to replace I would appreciate it as well. It looks like it wouldn't be that hard, but I can't tell for sure.

i have the same terrible squeak, a phantom clunk too unfortunately.. the end links/bushings i currently have are from BAT, and after ~3 months of use the bushings are completely ripped apart and trashed...
i just ordered the energy suspension kits from ctamotorsports.com today. hoping to get rid of those stupid annoying noises

Back