• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Coolant light coming on at the track

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
At the track this w/e I had my coolant light come on. I think the stop from 80 with my 13" Baers are the issue. Well, not really an issue.:laugh: I think the coolant is flying forward in the over flow so hard to leaks out. Anyone have any ideas? It's not much and the car is still fine. I think in the future I'll ignore it since I'm not having cooling issues.

At the track this w/e I had my coolant light come on. I think the stop from 80 with my 13" Baers are the issue. Well, not really an issue.:laugh: I think the coolant is flying forward in the over flow so hard to leaks out. Anyone have any ideas? It's not much and the car is still fine. I think in the future I'll ignore it since I'm not having cooling issues.
The overflow is on the backside of the reservoir though -- possibly from acceleration. Is it actually low (below the top of "MAX")? I'd assume not.... but figured I'd ask.

The overflow is on the backside of the reservoir though -- possibly from acceleration. Is it actually low (below the top of "MAX")? I'd assume not.... but figured I'd ask.

A 98 doesn't even have an overflow though. It's sealed all around. It was added for 99 I believe.

That's right. Forgot about that. I don't have one on my 98. I recall having coolant under the overflow. Went outside and looked at it and I'm not sure how it got there. Has to come from an opening. I did keep it above max when I went out but it kept going somewhere. I guess I have to fill it quite a bit above max next time to see what happens. Would having one out of a later car benefit I wonder?

It might not. The sensor on my 2000 tells me low every time I start the car when its obviously above the max line.

I have no idea, but I remember a Mystique that kept blowing off from the overflow no matter what we tried. We wanted to try and replace the tank and cap, and the parts guy ordered the early one by mistake. The problem was resolved. I suspect that there was a problem with the tank.

Back