• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pricing to make dual exit for mystique zetec??

he is one of the zetec exhaust clips. it shows how it comes out the back

I did see that clip before, so thanks for letting me know :)

He installed a body kit that i wanting to see. Also how he eventually placed his exhaust out of the back aftermarket bumber.

im sorry. i thought you were in the clips. sorrry for missleading you then harry. and i see what you mean now. more of an overall perspective.

*edit* i believe you were in the clips. but your link went dead.

I'm not in there. :shrug:

Here's my car Harrry.

Hmm i like how it kinda boxes out in the back. I would really have liked if they molded the back sides into the back square more instead of curving it right under.
Kinda sends the sides off in different directions.

Did you strap the front sides yet, because they are sticking out a whole lot.

I'm not insulting, rather just asking. So don't be offended.

I know the body has a lot of flex, i had to install a kit on a eagle talon and man did the body like to be warped when it was finally bolted down and tapped on. We had to install metal plates behind the body just to keep them from looking warped.

im sorry. i thought you were in the clips. sorrry for missleading you then harry. and i see what you mean now. more of an overall perspective.

*edit* i believe you were in the clips. but your link went dead.

Were kool wes, i know you were helping.

About the kit, yes the front flares out a lot, but i havent had any ideas on how to lengthen the wheel well liners in order to pull it in more. As of now, it just flares a bit.

All is well, FastDad, I'll have a new link by tomorrow.

Awsome. pm me the link when you get it. you can put it on youtube or something like that to make sure the link stays active for some time. as for the kit. does the rear bumper flair out like the front one? i knew a person that had the front but i never saw the rear in person

Awsome. pm me the link when you get it. you can put it on youtube or something like that to make sure the link stays active for some time. as for the kit. does the rear bumper flair out like the front one? i knew a person that had the front but i never saw the rear in person

Its processing for youtube as we speak.

The rear sits about a half inch outside the tires so no it is not nearly as much flare as the front.

Here's a picture for reference.

Edit: Here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKqmO-XWm_g

im just trying to think how to tone down the flair on the front..... even if you canrt tone it down. there should be a way to make it so it doesnt shake all over the place.

We bought flat metal brackets from homedepot, and bolted a screw threw the one side and ran the screw threw the plate into a nut. Then we dragged the bar into the fender well and ran a bolt threw that into a screw. That we were able to pull the front bumber inward, i know we used a heat gun to make it easier to pull.:shrug:

We bought flat metal brackets from homedepot, and bolted a screw threw the one side and ran the screw threw the plate into a nut. Then we dragged the bar into the fender well and ran a bolt threw that into a screw. That we were able to pull the front bumber inward, i know we used a heat gun to make it easier to pull.:shrug:

Was it fiberglass or abs? I get the feeling heat wont have much of an affect on fiberglass.

Was it fiberglass or abs? I get the feeling heat wont have much of an affect on fiberglass.

It was fiber glass, but now remember we used a heat gun on the side skirts that were ABS:blackeye:

Sorry, i should of known better.

Have you tried pushing the front bumber inward? is there enough flex to push them that far?

If so try my idea, it worked for us. I wish i could see this first hand, that way i could help you.
Your bottom right has a lip, that is where you put a screw threw it and place a bar behind it, pull it as far as you can so the lining will attach to it, that way you can hide the bar/plate. Which is we had to do.

Just to make sure, drill a hole first then place the bolt threw it. :)

that bumper is desighned to stick out like that though. i saw one in person not 2 long ago

I have a feeling you are right, because it has very little flex therefore not allowing it to be pushed inward. I wish i could get it to go in some more, but the fact the car was hit and has some new fiberglass underneath makes me unsure of whether i should put a lot of stress on the kit. I think i'll just deal with the flare until something amazing comes up.

that bumper is desighned to stick out like that though. i saw one in person not 2 long ago

Ouch, if it is then i'm sorry.

Cut it and have them re apply it inward a bit that way it will look a million times better.:shrug:

Before you get it painted :cool:

Ouch, if it is then i'm sorry.

Cut it and have them re apply it inward a bit that way it will look a million times better.:shrug:

Before you get it painted :cool:

That is a good idea. I probably should have done that when it was half hanging off the car though. The patches holes have about a 1/4 inch of new fiberglass underneath. Could pose a problem.

Have a few beers and get a saw :)

After looking at it a bit, you'll say what the hell lets do this.

Eh, being 17, that doesn't fly too well with the parents or the paramedics when someone loses a finger. :laugh:

Back