• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Can't shift into Drive, only Reverse and Neutral

Could it be something odd like the shift indicator is misaligned? If PR, Neutral are aligned though it wouldn't be that. I would fix the trans unless your car is too weary, rusty etc. Used cars all have issues in low price range anyhow.

Well I have officially decided not to fix her. I have bought a new car instead and now need to get rid of the Mystique. Does anybody have an estimate of what it is worth? I was thinking of posting on here in the classifieds and I may also try it out on eBay.

Hope I can get something decent out of it. The engine runs great and the body is not too bad, some rust in the passenger rear fender and a few dings here and there.

We shall see what happens to it and hope it goes to a good home.

~Nick

I got a Silver '07 Nissan Altima 3.5 S. It is a pretty sweet ride. I am really liking it. I didn't really know if I would be able to get them to come down to a price I could afford, but after hours of being at the dealership they eventually did. That makes me like the car even more. :)

I am posting a classified ad tomorrow (Thursday, May 29th) about my Mystique.

I hope to get something for her. I need to get it back from the transmission shop though first.

~Nick

Congratulations! I have been looking at various used cars on the Web, the Altima stands out among "reasonable" priced cars. Is it brand new? Used V6 Altimas are rare around my area. It's pretty quick, isn't it? I actually found an SE-R model, 6 speed manual.

i use to own a 2002 altima with the 4 banger 2.5 in it and they are big cars but that 2.5 pulled it with ease. i would say that altima was about as fast if not faster then my contour.

No, I didn't buy it brand new, it has 20,000 miles on it.
And Yeah it is quick. Very quick. I really didn't know that the Altima was so fast. It is a 3.5 SE, I think in the original post I put 3.5 S. It has the CVT Automatic Transmission in it, which makes it super smooth. It is pretty unbelievable how you can't feel the car shift at all while moving. The manual mode is cool too. I must say I am very happy with the new car.

Back