• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT parts car

Yeah, the sideskirts are still on the car. We ate really quick and by the time we finished it was almost dark so we had to clean up.

I thought we fixed the misfirre but he said it came back on the way home. We connected that ground and it was misfiring, so I had him install my Motorcraft wires, and then it was fine after that. No misfires at all. Pulled strong when you got on it.

Then he said it was back after.

I'm leaning towards a fuel pump at this point. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Tony, let me know when you wanna pull the skirts and do your exhaust. I'm all antsy in the pantsy now :laugh: I guess I actually don't need the exhaust immediately since I still have to get the skirts repaired and painted.

Tony, let me know when you wanna pull the skirts and do your exhaust. I'm all antsy in the pantsy now :laugh: I guess I actually don't need the exhaust immediately since I still have to get the skirts repaired and painted.

The skirts could be anytime you want to swing by. The exhaust might be in a month or so though.

I'll be ordering tons of rear suspension parts as soon I gather all the part numbers and get the rest of the cash for it.

Trailing arm bushings
Control arms and bushings
Subframe
Roush 21mm sway bar

I'd like to bring my car to the shop to get the suspension and exhaust all done at the same time. :ponder:

i don't know if they took them off but you do know they where damaged ... might be ok though ...

man they looked beat up :blackeye:

I was there, bob (canondalemtb), off course Brian was there for a bit..svtavino was there to take on of the rear struts but both were blown and then towards the end dairdevyld came by..

notible facts..it took Bob and I an hour to get from MA to tony's house LOL :crazy:

Hey Chris thanks for coming up to grab those bumpers....what a crazy day.

If you guys need any other parts that I have let me know...would like to get as much off the car before winter really hits.

Thanks again...and nice to meet you.

-Josh

i would try some fuel system cleaner first to make sure it isn't an injector

it might be the fuel pump

Already tried a fuel system cleaner and I also replaced the cylinder 6 injector since it is a cylinder 6 misfire and it was running lean at one point.

Yeah only an hour. Mapquest said what?... two hours?
And it would have been shorter if we didn't meet each other at different rest stops.

man they looked beat up :blackeye:

Ok, what's the deal with everyone saying they are beat? They are pulled back and split right at the front jack cover openings. A little bit of epoxy or something, and then when its actually mounted to the bottom of the fender, they will never show any damage at all. Of course right now the side skirts look beat hanging in the front and no mounting point since the fenders are gone. :p

Ok, what's the deal with everyone saying they are beat? They are pulled back and split right at the front jack cover openings. A little bit of epoxy or something, and then when its actually mounted to the bottom of the fender, they will never show any damage at all. Of course right now the side skirts look beat hanging in the front and no mounting point since the fenders are gone. :p

and the pounds of dirt that are in them :crazy:

well the ones that came off my car where not full of sand, and I doubt the new ones will fill up that much either driving around just in the summer :p

:help: :crazy:

fenders are gone gone or just not on the car? There are mounting brackets on them that I would need...

there maybe one there but I am not 100% sure, I do recall that there isn't one at the very back behind the jack point but it could use one ...

also you can make your own mounting brackets for the side skirts ... I do have a spare set of mounting hardware, minus the plastic push pins, but I am not sure if I want to put my SE side skirts on my Mystique ....

Well from looking at the fenders up in VT yesterday, there is definitely 1 bracket on each fender. Hopefully tony has these or I'm gonna have to require josh(phearcvbz) to send me those.

brian did you edit that post just now or did i skip over the second part :crazy:

Yeah I guess I could just make them too.

must have missed it as it doesn't say that I editted it and I don't think that I did ...

so when are you installing everything?

Well from looking at the fenders up in VT yesterday, there is definitely 1 bracket on each fender. Hopefully tony has these or I'm gonna have to require josh(phearcvbz) to send me those.

The front fenders are gone, so you are missing 2 brackets. I thought that wasn't a issue because I thought you said you had all hardware already from your SE skirts you were going to install. :shrug:

Back