• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Happy Birthday Po!

Thanks, y'all! I was over in Europe over my b-day, got back late last night thanks to a 31-hour "delay" in Amsterdam. :nonono: Weather there was crappy enough that we couldn't enjoy some legal pot or the Red Light District. :( Great to be back in the States now!

spotted something in your sig ...
new T-bird replacing the old one????????

well I have to guess its a little better on gas then the old one :laugh:

no offence but that orange on orange was really bad looking, sounds like a nice upgrade

Forgot to mention about the significant numbers of Mondeos I saw in Europe, many of them running diesel. Also saw a "Ford Cougar" in Prague (wanted to take a pic for Kim but ran outta film). A bunch of Ford Focuses (Foci?) running diesel as well.

spotted something in your sig ...
new T-bird replacing the old one????????

Ah, yes... the car collection keeps growing, much to the amusement (disgust?) of my neighbors. I picked up a Torch Red 2002 Thunderbird, fully loaded, for $6k under KBB. :D That car wasn't moving off the lot, and I basically politely told the salesman that I had three other cars and that I really didn't need another one if I couldn't get the right price. I don't have pics yet, but it looks identical (interior and exterior) to the one in the TV commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvXr3dTBLtU

The 1978 Thunderbird may go, although I still have occasional qualms about selling it since it did move me across the country despite running incredibly lean (no thanks to The Carburetor Shop). Regardless, it needs a new paint job, especially if I'm selling it, and I'm currently looking for shops around here.

well I have to guess its a little better on gas then the old one :laugh:

Why, yes... yes, it is. :)

no offence but that orange on orange was really bad looking, sounds like a nice upgrade

<insert monocle into left eye, use aristocratic Grey-Poupon voice>

Sir, the color is "light chamois", not orange.

</attitude off>

It is indeed a very '70s color (and yes, Ford did name it "light chamois"). One major reason I bought it was that it matched the model shown in the 1978 brochure, which always starts conversations at car shows when all the literature is laid out on the hood. But it doesn't pick up women as well as red. :D

Back