• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new shoes (thanks to reebs!)

ronssvt

Hard-core CEG'er
hey yall got some nice 17s on the tour now traded reebs for my stockers, do you think I made a wise move :shrug:

wheels-09.jpg

wheels-15.jpg

wheels-17.jpg

wheels-12.jpg

wheels-13.jpg

lol so it would appear, but theres a certain dent I didn't include in the pics that will have to be fixed before its "mint". that and of course the grill, still in the process of stripping the chrome.

do you guys think the wheels would look good painted black with the lip polished, or just leave it the way it is?

also as far as lowering goes, not sure if I wanna do that due to michigan winters.

Leave the rims how they are. We just got to hightower your lights and nightshade your tails, after we fix them damn O2's.

lol so it would appear, but theres a certain dent I didn't include in the pics that will have to be fixed before its "mint". that and of course the grill, still in the process of stripping the chrome.

do you guys think the wheels would look good painted black with the lip polished, or just leave it the way it is?

also as far as lowering goes, not sure if I wanna do that due to michigan winters.

How easy is it to stripe the grill I'm looking to do that to mine so I can paint it t-red!
As for painting the wheels I do think they would look good but I like the way they look now I would leave them, and yes I know how winters are I'm from wisconsin and if that's your DD leave it car looks good!

Looks good, except for the missing grill! :laugh:

It looks good in chrome and paint matched. The paint match always seem to appeal to the "I'm a modifed car" attitude. If you look at any contour with the chrome ring, it pretty much looks stock at first glance. If the oval is painted It kinda gives the car a different personality. But thats just my 2 cents.

thanks for the comments so far guys!

kenny we definetly need to get her running good so we can do some more autox, and next time I ain't loosing to you! lol

newsvt, I think I went the wrong route and tried sanding the chrome off, its a pita! even with a dremel to get in the tight corners, I would just suggest getting that acid stuff thats supposed to strip chrome, let it sulk for 2-4 weeks until it comes off, then do your business.

zerohour I feel ya but I just don't like chrome thats why I am painting it.

The car look great and as for the rims, well I like them the way they are, but I'm sure that they would look bad a** painted black with a polished lip especially on your car because it's black (gives it that stealthy look).

Back