• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ran the SVT tonight

00stealthySVT

CEG'er
Went to Dragway 42 here in ohio, and it BLOWS as a track.
No track prep, goes up hill and is as smooth as a wash board.
Anyways.

best time of

15.0984 @ 92.98 mph

RT .0141
60' 2.3129
330' 6.4211
1/8 9.8188 @ 70mph
1000' 12.6469
1/4 15.0984 @ 92.98mph

others varied a bit
fastest 1/4mph was 93.94 mph with a time of 15.1738

not too bad for

gutted pre-cats
3'' y-pipe back
3'' CAI
Spec stage 1
Fidanza flywheel
with heavy rims.

Lighter wheels should get your 60fts down which might break you into 14's. Not bad at all.

not bad..w/a trap of 93-94 you should or could be around a 14.8 or so,atleast that what i ran in my pgt at those speeds:shrug:

Nice run man. I can see you hitting the 14's for sure.

What rpms are you launching at?

So long as you don't drop the clutch or have it hop like a :censored: you should be ok...

When I had mine at the track I was launching from 2500-3000 rpm with no issues. Torsen goes in in a few weeks so then we'll see some real launches... :D

stock trans. if the diff goes only reason to pull it put a spec 3 and a torsen or a quaife into it :)

so far i havent hopped bad at all. doesnt even do it if i launch to low ill bog or too high itll just spin

I was thinking popping the clutch. So you just slide the clutch out when launching from 2500/3K rpms? I blew my diff. without even trying last winter. I was trying to get through some thick snow and was shifting at low rpms to bog the motor so the wheels wouldn't spin as much. Sure enuff right as i shift into 3rd and let out the clutch i hit a random dry spot with no snow and BOOM! my diff. bites the dust...:nonono:
IMG_0163.jpg

So i'm scared to go to a track w/out a LSD.

im working on getting a LSD considering im going turbo. lol
spec 3 is also in order.

when i went though the trans this past winter i replaced the spyder gears since a few teeth were cracked and one missing

it will be torn out here soon again once i get the LSD, and syncro/ gear for 3rd to freshen up the trans

im working on getting a LSD considering im going turbo. lol
spec 3 is also in order.

when i went though the trans this past winter i replaced the spyder gears since a few teeth were cracked and one missing

it will be torn out here soon again once i get the LSD, and syncro/ gear for 3rd to freshen up the trans

Back