• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Latest Project - '98 Zetec w/auto

fornetti14

CEG'er
Picked it up cheap and it needs a timing belt.
98Zetec.jpg

No idea what I'm going to do with it. LOL
It's an LX with no power anything but it does have cruise.
Might just turn it into a second car for me since the interior is still nice on it. Depends on how it shifts and what else needs to be replaced. Think I could get close to 2k for it? I'm the 3rd owner and it has 162,000 on it.

cobrawannabe said:
hector did it:shrug:
I think Hector must have shown enormous restraint during launches.

CustomX157 said:
Little thing called a Flex-A-Lite AT Transmission Cooler.

What does cooler trans fluid have to do with shredded/mangled trans components? As difficult as it is putting down the power reliably with the MTX, I personally don't see the point in trying it with the ATX, which most people on these boards consider to be fairly fragile.

Last edited:
What does cooler trans fluid have to do with shredded/mangled trans components? As difficult as it is putting down the power reliably with the MTX, I personally don't see the point in trying it with the ATX, which most people on these boards consider to be fairly fragile.

Well Hector didn't blow his up it was the next owner who didn't know how to drive it. Supposedly the kit doesn't up the torque enough to cause a huge problem. I can see where you are coming from though.

Update

Update

Not worth it to supercharge this one. I'd rather go turbo 3L on my SVT.

Anyway, the hubcaps are tossed and the interior has undergone a major cleaning.
I did the timing belt & components last night and took it for a ride this morning... and I may drive it for a while this summer. Nice little car that needs a few maintenance items. I may list it locally to make a quick buck now that gas is $4/gallon.

Back