• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New SVT?

Ft.WorthSVT

CEG'er
There is a local stealership here in town that has a really nice SVT. The thing is, it's from Michigan. What are the draw backs from having a car with a rusty bottom? Deteriation? Really close to buying this but just wanted some feed back before I make my decision today. Thanks.

So don't touch it huh? Are the POS when they rust on the bottom? Mine is a 2000 with hardly any rust and the one mentioned is a 99 with kind of alot of rust.

Brake lines and fuel lines tend to rust out when the bottom of the car isn't kept rust free. Having replaced brake lines in both my daughters car and my wife's truck, I might stay away from it if it's too rusted out. :shrug:

And working on things is always 10 times harder when you can't make out what were at one time bolts :laugh: It's a pain whenever I have to work on something rusty

I was crawling around under my car the other day to look at the bolts for the rear bumper........:shocked: yeeeeeah. I hit them with like 1/2 can of penetrating oil and I haven't touched them. I don't want them to break off when I try to take them out.

I was crawling around under my car the other day to look at the bolts for the rear bumper........:shocked: yeeeeeah. I hit them with like 1/2 can of penetrating oil and I haven't touched them. I don't want them to break off when I try to take them out.

they will break. good news is they arent regular bolts, its a bracket that clips into the bumper that you will have to get from the dealership

Silly Question, but did you go and take a close look at it underneath? If it was garage kept and only driven in nice weather you may be kicking yourself waiting

my 98 svt is from northern MN and mine hardly even has a spot of rust on it....and it sat outside for 3 years before i bought it!

Back