• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

got tired of the SE front bumper

I have been thinking of maybe running a tube to the intake from the foglight hole then putting fogs in the square openings? :shrug: They might get banged up on curbs if not careful, my spoiler scrapes if I don't pay attention.

I'm torn. I like how it lines up with the side skirts. But I don't care for the slots in it. I suppose those could be closed/modified if you're going to to the trouble of lengthening the thing to be even with the wheel wells. I really like how subtle it is.

yea i am the same way i love how it matches the side skirts, but the random holes.... they just look out of place...i have been toying with the idea to close them... but i think that might look even worse:shrug: . but as for right now i love it. i am going to fix it some time next week because it is not lined up with the bumper in some spots! and i still need to clean it up:nonono:

I have been thinking of maybe running a tube to the intake from the foglight hole then putting fogs in the square openings? :shrug: They might get banged up on curbs if not careful, my spoiler scrapes if I don't pay attention.

that is not a bad idea, but were i live i would DESTORY the fog lights in the square openings!!! another idea i had was cover over the round fog light holes and just have fog lights in the square holes... but i think that might look like crap! but what do i know:shrug:

Last edited:
I had it mocked up on my 99, but ended up selling the car before I finished the project...

I'll have to do some digging I think I may have a pic of it...

I had it mocked up on my 99, but ended up selling the car before I finished the project...

I'll have to do some digging I think I may have a pic of it...

selling the splitter too :laugh:

It need a lot of work, but I really love the way it looks with the splitter.

Don't mind the blue/primer fender. A week after I put the splitter on, I wrecked the car, and although the splitter was scraping against the ground for about 20 feet, it looks surprisingly good!
_MG_3468.jpg

I was looking at the shape of the lip spoiler today and was wondering how well it would match up to the rear bumper. The Se bumpers don't come down to the ground a whole lot. Might be cool to add something to it depending on the fit/design.

I was looking at the shape of the lip spoiler today and was wondering how well it would match up to the rear bumper. The Se bumpers don't come down to the ground a whole lot. Might be cool to add something to it depending on the fit/design.

lol yea i had my extra one laying around and i put it up to the rear bumper! i don't know if i like it, i would have to cut slots in it for my exhaust... it might look good if done right:shrug:

when i pull my exhaust i will mock it up and take some pics and post them

Back