• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New (to me) Wheels

IRingTwyce

I ROCK at bumper cars!
Graham, TX: a place so nice, they rob your house t
Now that I have the Contour back on the road, its finally time to begin installing all the parts I have accumulated and doing the mods I've wanted. So to start, I made time and installed the wheels I bought from Ohsigmachi several months back. They're 17" Sean Hyland Motorsports. I really like the way they look on the car, though most likely they won't be the final wheel choice once the car is repainted.

**NOTE** Before anyone starts making "helpful suggestions," I'm going to list a few things I already know and don't need you to tell me:

1) Yes, I know the car is dirty.
2) Yes, I know my headlights need to be sanded. I'll get to them when I get to them.
3) Yes, I know there is an ungodly amount of wheel gap. Brand new B&G Autobahn springs (also courtesy of Ohsigmachi) are in a box in the garage, and Spax struts will be ordered within the next couple of days.
4) Yes, I know the tires are rubber bands. They are 35 series and were on the wheels when I bought them. The next tires will have more sidewall.
5) Yes, I know the vinyl on the rear windows is trashed. Like the lights, I'll get to it when I get to it.
6) Yes, I know the brakes look tiny. When I get more "go" I'll worry about more "whoa."

So on with the pics.

Off with the old:
1004542kk4.jpg

1004546uh4.jpg

What do we have here?
1004550fn6.jpg

On with the new:
1004552wq8.jpg

1004554mk1.jpg

1004557rv0.jpg

1004555ml8.jpg

1004556tq7.jpg

I really like the offset on these wheels. Just right. I really think this is going to look outstanding with a 2.25" drop and taller tires. Before and after pics will be posted with the Autobahns too.

Last edited:
1) Yes, I know the car is dirty.
2) Yes, I know my headlights need to be sanded. I'll get to them when I get to them.
3) Yes, I know their is an ungodly amount of wheel gap. Brand new B&G Autobahn springs (also courtesy of Ohsigmachi) are in a box in the garage, and Spax struts will be ordered within the next couple of days.
4) Yes, I know the tires are rubber bands. They are 35 series and were on the wheels when I bought them. The next tires will have more sidewall.
5) Yes, I know the vinyl on the rear windows is trashed. Like the lights, I'll get to it when I get to it.
6) Yes, I know the brakes look tiny. When I get more "go" I'll worry about more "whoa."

How are we suppossed to make any comments now...:shrug:

I had the same issue, upgrading to more open wheel like that makes your brakes look tiny. But still, those look fantastic, great upgrade.

nice design, tires are too skinny.
:troutslap: **B!tch slap!!** Read number four numbskull! :D

You trying to catch some chickens or something with that chicken wire mesh? lol :laugh:, you could get some real mesh from stazi? ;)
I'm looking into a few options. I don't like the huge open mesh of Stazi's. The up-scale Ford 500s had some nice mesh, and I have a supplier that sells some sweet stuff, but it's expensive as hell.

or better yet keep them in good condition then sell them to me! This would be the 4th or 5th set of 17" wheels that I actually like that are out of production. There are no 17's in production that I like for our cars. At least not that I've found yet.

Back