• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

please help

david71

New CEG'er
I'm a new member and I have a serious problem I think. I have a 98 contour se 4 cyl,auto tranny, and have 118,000 miles on the car my problem is a have a serious tranny leak it's coming from the filler tube at the bottom where it goes into the tranny. when I moved the car I noticed a big red puddle. I pulled the dip stick out to checked the fluid and the fluid was all the way up to the handle so i let the car idle some more to get the fluid circulating and I drove around also when I put the car in park and looked under the car the fluid was pouring out from the filler tube and I pulled the dip stick I could see the fluid it looked like it was going to come out can someone tell what could be causing this.

Make sure the filler is on there tight. It may have come loose when you/someone was working on your car in that area and it may not be seated correctly. Try pushing the filler tube down and listen for a click of somekind. This should be the fix. Also pics would be greatly appreciated.

no work was done in that area just had the tires rotated a couple of days ago but i was able to watch them work on it. I'll try and get some pics. if the tube was loose why would there be fluid all the way up the filler tube.when i pull the dip stickk out i can see the fluid.

Thats weird. Maybe its over filled? drain it through the bottom of the tranny and fill with 4qts.

Back