• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Shameless Whoring

Pre98

Hard-core CEG'er
Decided to upgrade the Nikon this past weekend and took the car out for a quick wash and some photos. Didn't really detail it for the shots, I was too eager to mess with the camera. :cool:

wet1small.jpg

5small.jpg

4small.jpg

My new desktop

SpringDesktop.jpg

As the car stands right now it could use a drop, I feel a bit of roll during autocross but not horrible. I think my first mods will be CAI, shorty antenna, and possibly a carbon fiber hood. I've never been keen on the idea since Rick's made love to his windshield, but, we'll see. I will never put a body kit on this car with the exception of a possible front lip. I want wheels, but that's probably next season. :laugh:

Comments, crits, welcome.

Something is wrong with your camera.

If you will take a look at the central portion of each image you will notice some distortion to each picture...

this particular problem on yours seems to make all of your shots look like a Tiburon, instead of a Contour.

hehe

:D :D :D :D :D

nice shots.. I like your new desktop, too.. Do you have any full-resolution shots? Its quite a nice composure, actually..

i know your plate number i know your plate number:laugh: :laugh:
boy,that thing needs alot of work:cool: ...a drop,debadged,dechicked,tint,newer style rear bumper/exhaust tips/tails.

You edited the other pics of your plates, the 3rd pic has it (front plate). Just giving you a heads up. If you didnt already know.

Great pics, there are 3 hyundais running around here. They all hang together, 2 of them have wide body kits and I must say.....I.....like.....them.:laugh:

lol Oh well, I do it (the plate delete) to clean the pics up more than anything really. Thanks for the compliments - and yes I do have higher res :) If anyone wants one in particular just shoot me a PM or somethin.

Chris, I definitely agree on a lot of what you just said. :laugh: I still have half my tax return so I don't know what it will be invested in next..

i'm just playing. while i do see alot of the female type driving them.....esp. older women,like late 30's-mid 40's. its not a total chick car like the eclipse or bug:shrug: i think just lose the badges(its free),some tint and a drop it'll look much better,and the rims won't look so small. a intake and replace the resonator and you'll like the sounds it makes.

I know you're kiddin, man. :laugh: I definitely intend to tint the rear window only, because I'm already finding myself using my brother's lucky star (Sheriff Sticker) to deter police. What do you mean by newer bumper? The '07-08s? I haven't been too keen on the tail lights I've seen unfortunately.

That, and I edited my LP out of the third pic. Just couldn't have one stick out from the others like that lol.

i like the way the newer/updated tibby's back bumper and tips flow better together..i just like the newer styling alot better,the rims and susp. are all better too.
08_Hyundai_Tiburon.jpg

ill take a few pics of those tibs in my area if you want.

Do you really think the lucky star works?

Sure why not? :laugh: As far as the lucky star goes.. probably not. :laugh: BUT I had one officer 'salute' me, so, at least it is getting noticed when they drive by.

Not that I would be breaking the law or anything :snky: Hey Chris, I doubt the rear fender and lights are direct bolt ons, but if they were.. that'd be something to consider for sure. I thought you meant aftermarket lights = fail. lol

not sure bill,you'd have to check on the tibby boards for that. but it looks like the shape of the bumper/hatch/tails are the same. also something to consider,the newer models can come w/12" front brakes:cool:

Back