• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Keyed

Aaron, that sucks about your car being vandalized so many times! Friggen retards!!!

The appraiser just came out to check out my car, but I won't find anything out until tomorrow. :bah: He did say that the cost of repair is getting very very close to the value of my car... :( I don't want to hunt down another SVT... :angry:

Reebs

You could alway buy the SVT back :cool:. But hopefully you get to keep the car and they paint it for you.

Aaron

You could alway buy the SVT back :cool:. But hopefully you get to keep the car and they paint it for you.

Aaron

Whether they total it or not, I will DEFENITLY buy it back! I have too many goodies to let it go!

I did find out today that I am supposed to pay a "paint depreciation" because my car is over five years old. I have to pay 50% of the cost of the paint plus my deductible!!! [Pissed] This really sucks. They won't except the fact that my entire car had a brand new $4500 paint job 3 years ago! Talk about being pissed. I would have never had my car repainted if it wasn't for this, so why should I have to pay 1/2 plus my deductible when I have Insurance!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody please help me!

~One pissed off Reebs~

The fact that your car got keyed is pretty bad but the way your insurance co. is treating you is much worse... Maybe its time to consider a change in insurance companies....

I know, but it sucks because it is too late for this problem. :( I am going to fight this one.

Reebs

Who do I have to piss off to get a nice black with gold flake paint job? :) just joking

Hey guys, I got good news! I don't have to pay a paint deprectiation fee because my car is totalled! I guess it turns out the value of my car is $5000 and minus my $100 deductible and my $400 buy back fee I get to spend up to $4500 for a paint job and keep my car. It turns out better that it is totalled, because now I get the check in my name and I don't have pay 1/2 of the paint job (stupid depreciation thing) and I don't even have to get the car repainted.

I have a few options, sell my SVT as is with all the mods, rebuilt tranny with torsen, fidanza flywheel, spec 1 clutch, konis with ground controls, aussie rear sway bar, rear strut brace, optimized throttle body, underdrive pulleys, DMD, SAFC II, and many other things I can't think of! :) And then combine the money I get from my car, plus the $4500 to buy a faster SVT!

Or I can just get a really quality paint job on save up for 3L turbo in my newly painted T REd SVT!...

hmmm....

How much do you guys think I could get for my keyed SVT. My interior is in mint condition! The 2.5 runs perfect (always Mobile 1 every 3,000 miles). The car had been repainted 3 years ago when Markus owned it ($4500 paint job!).
I know the value of CSVT's, but I have no clue what a keyed one would go for!?!? I guess it all depends on the purchaser... maybe it would be worth more if the guy who bought it is a painter!

Anyways, I am doing much much better now that I don't have to pay a "paint deprication" :) Let me know your thoughts.

Reebs

So you have a salvaged title now? which is ussually what happens when your car is totalled

Sell the car to the first sucker and buy something else....whoever keyed it this time will key it again and worse if they see you have a nice paintjob on it....

So you have a salvaged title now? which is ussually what happens when your car is totalled

No, my agent said since it wasn't in an accident, they are just going to write me a check and let me keep the car. I can do whatever I want with it, but I can only have plpd until I get it fixed or sell it. I don't know how it all works, or even if this is "under the table," but it is a clean title! :)

Reebs

The body on my friend's Camaro required very little body work as far as dent pulling goes and stuff like that and the estimate for his paint job was about 3 grand. It's better than showroom perfect and it still has to be wet sanded so it's only gettin better :drool:

Back