• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Keyed

Reebs

meester super sleuth
My SVT got keyed today, and it is really f'ed up. Fenders, quarterpanels, hood, trunk, bumpers and even the roof got nice messages on them scratched in the paint. :( At first I was really pissed, then I realized that my insurance covers it! Where should I go to get a really good quality paint job? My car might be totalled if the paint job is more than my car is worth. :bah: But at least I will buy my car back for the parts. I'll find out Monday...

I will post some pics soon. Kinda sucks how people nowadays can be.

Reebs

Last edited:
Thats crap. No matter how pissed I am at someone I would NEVER key their car, thats the lowest of low things you can do to someone's personal belongings.

Last edited:
Farminton hills collision does a good job.

8 mile and gill rd.

Taken 3 cars there. no complaints so far.....

Farminton hills collision does a good job.

8 mile and gill rd.

Taken 3 cars there. no complaints so far.....

Actually, that is the only place I have taken it to so far. I just wanted to see their work because my Insurance (Citizens) goes through them so it would be less hassle. They had a Sebring that they had recently painted in a similar color as my T Red SVT and I wasn't amazed by the paint job. They had even accidently put a 2 inch scratch in the car! :shocked: I did see some of their other work and it looked pretty good, so I guess it is a possiblity. Although the guy didn't want to take off my side skirts or bumpers and paint them seperately which made me kinda mad. Oh well, the appraiser comes out tomorrow between 1 and 4pm so I will post what happens with that.

Thanks for you help and advice. Unbiased personal opinions like yours Harry, are exactly the type of advice I am looking for! Thank you!

Jeff

If you don't like thier work you don't have to get them to paint the car. The insurance company will give you the cheque and then just take the car to a paint shop of your liking.

Aaron

If you don't like thier work you don't have to get them to paint the car. The insurance company will give you the cheque and then just take the car to a paint shop of your liking.

Aaron

And Aaron, thanks for the info! I am very curious to see how much the appraiser says my "check" should be for! Also, don't they give the check directly to the place that I take the car too? I will never be able to get my hands on it, will I !?!?? I only ask because my dad has repainted many of our cars in the past (not amazing work, but at least it shines!) ... so if I can get that check and have him paint it for free.... then 3L turbo comes sooner.... hmmm! :)

I am over my angry stage about all of this and now I am getting extremely excited!!! :)

Thanks , and keep the opinions and suggestions rolling in!

Reebs

And Aaron, thanks for the info! I am very curious to see how much the appraiser says my "check" should be for! Also, don't they give the check directly to the place that I take the car too? I will never be able to get my hands on it, will I !?!?? I only ask because my dad has repainted many of our cars in the past (not amazing work, but at least it shines!) ... so if I can get that check and have him paint it for free.... then 3L turbo comes sooner.... hmmm! :)

I am over my angry stage about all of this and now I am getting extremely excited!!! :)

Thanks , and keep the opinions and suggestions rolling in!

Reebs

This is called "insurance fraud"

Have fun with that

This is called "insurance fraud"

Have fun with that

The insurance company gives the cheque directly to you. You do not have to use their shop if you don't want to. At least that's how it worked in Canada. They issue a cheque to you for the amount of the bodywork all you do is tell tehm before hadn that you havea prefered shop that you would like to deal with.

Aaron

The insurance company gives the cheque directly to you. You do not have to use their shop if you don't want to. At least that's how it worked in Canada. They issue a cheque to you for the amount of the bodywork all you do is tell tehm before hadn that you havea prefered shop that you would like to deal with.

Aaron

That is how it works....

Last edited:
Thats sad. Two of my friends had their cars keyed in the school parking lot. Its horrible. I would never do something like that. One of them had just got his car reapainted and the other had just bought his. After I got my car painted i only brought it to school twice, for the fear of someone keying it.

How deep do the key marks go?

That is how it works....

So it isn't insurance fraud if I keep the check and have my dad repaint it for free!??! Or, what if I pay him and he gives it back as a birthday gift!??! :) I don't know, maybe we will just prep the car and have the shop only paint it to make it cheaper.

Any suggestions!!?? And thanks to all who have shown me sympathy.

Reebs

So it isn't insurance fraud if I keep the check and have my dad repaint it for free!??! Or, what if I pay him and he gives it back as a birthday gift!??! :) I don't know, maybe we will just prep the car and have the shop only paint it to make it cheaper.

Any suggestions!!?? And thanks to all who have shown me sympathy.

Reebs

It can't be fraud, you do not have to use their paintshop. Once they give you thd cheque you pay who ever you want to do your car. It's technically your money since they write the cheque in your name. This is a good chance to get a good quality paint job, take the car to a shop that does awesome work hell through in a bit of your own money if you want this way you get the quality paintjob that YOU want on your car.

Aaron
PS I know what you are going through try having your custom car vandelized 3 times in a year and half! Once at a carshow the car is entered in, the 2nd was 3weeks after it's paintjob and the 3rd time a week after getting it back from the paintshop.

Aaron

what insurance do you have? My insurance has NEVER done that before

Allstate. I let it be known that I had a prefered shop but I had to get the estimate from a shop of their choice. Once that was done the insurance company issued me the cheque.
You can also have them issue the cheque out to the bodyshop of your choice and they will give you the cheque and you can take it to that shop.

Aaron

Aaron, that sucks about your car being vandalized so many times! Friggen retards!!!

The appraiser just came out to check out my car, but I won't find anything out until tomorrow. :bah: He did say that the cost of repair is getting very very close to the value of my car... :( I don't want to hunt down another SVT... :angry:

Reebs

Last edited:
what insurance do you have? My insurance has NEVER done that before

they have to if you request it. but then they also have the right to inspect the vehicle afterwards to make sure the work was done. if it's not, they won't honor another claim on the vehicles paint.

Back