• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Side skirts for the Mystique

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
Well, i'm finally getting somewhere with my car. I"m gettin tires for the rims in june, and now i've got a set of side skirts to put on the Merc. My buddy Pete that helped me put an engine in my Tempo last year had a 95 SE and had a wiring problem with it so someone is gettin it today to get it ready for a demo derby. So he just gave them to me with all the brackets and everything, its just missing one jack cover and they have a few scrapes. So all i'll need to do is paint them cuz right now they're T-Red. So wats the best way to line up the side skirts on the car?

The side skirts should align themselves. Does your car currently have sideskirts? If not, you'll need the mounting brackets to hold them into place.

he doesnt have side skirts, the align them, the skirts actually had like a hole on one side of them that bolts into the fender with the existing splash shield plastic push bolt, from there, get a grease pen, swing the side skirt up to line up with the body of the car, and make some markings, then you can start putting the mounting brackets on the car based upon how it all lines up, once you start working on it, you will figure out a system that works for you, its super easy

alright, well i wanna put them on asap, but i dont have the body color, so i'm thinking about painting them flat black to match the painted over chrome parts and the bottom part of my bumper, then when i get the body color paint, paint all the ex-chrome parts and all flat black parts body color. what do ya'll think?

Back