• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

200 000 Miles Ford?

Fordwerke

CEG'er
Hi, I finally moved of campus, 27 miles away from it. Now I need a ride, ASAP!
I found this Focus, and became an apostate to Contiques, which looks nice, but has 200 000 miles, which is really scary.
http://miami.craigslist.org/car/673898504.html

Now I have to get a car (i.e. Ford) over the weekend, so not to annoy friends with requests for rides anymore. And this one is nice, but has 200 000. He wants 1800 plus tax and tags.
What the hell should I do Fordexperts? I don't wanna break down with the car in the middle of Dolphin Expressway on a 60 miles commute to campus, but still wanna have a Ford.

Thnx for your expert opinions folks.

Only 200K miles? It's just breaking in! I sold my Ranger with 386K miles and it ran like a champ. It all depends on how well the previous owner(s) took care of it. If it got regular services and had parts replaced as needed, it might last another 100K miles or more. Without being able to see the car in person, there's not much else anyone here can say except maybe try and get it for less money. If you wave $1200 or $1500 cash at the seller, maybe he'll take it.
Karl

the zetec motor is a great engine, theres a reason why Ford used it so long...

it looks like a well taken care of car (from the photos at least), but they are asking too much money for that kind of mileage, wave $1300-$1400 in their face, and say you need a car and are willing to pay cash right now, that is, provided the car drives and runs really well.

Money talks.

I wouldnt pay more than $1500 for a 200k car. And thats only if the interior was in decent shape, the AC still worked well and the engine was leaking too much oil or blowing smoke out the back.

I would be cautious getting anything with that many miles from some small dealership. You're not likely to get a good history report on it and you know they have to be making their money somewhere. They probablly picked it up for cheap at an auction or something. Typically, the focus is a good car, but that's a lot of miles for 2K.

200k Is an awesome mark to hit to be honest. But i would never buy a car with that many miles.

Nah, 250k is the number to hit. I got so close in the mazda I just old at 248k but I walk to work and just dont put enough miles on my cars anymore. I had a party planned and everything for when it would hit 250k later this year.

yeah, I'm not gonna have a car with 340000KM.
Instead, I'll look later today at a balck Mystique V6 2.5L 5speed with 57k for $2200.
I think I'll take it, yet, I'm a bit hesitant because of the gas mileage. With the 2.0L automatic, I'd 35mpg in the city, with four dollars per gallon, I wanna sleep one or more nights over it, before deciding.
Anyways, thnx for your opinion so far!!

Danke

Back