• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A few new pics...

aircougar

Veteran CEG'er
I just installed the Hood and trunk a few days ago...

A few minor imperfections, but I can live with them :)

I already know just about everyone's opinions on the CF trunk lid, but i hadn't really seen any Silver frosts with the Trunk and hood combo yet...

Attachments

• CF lid.jpg
    CF lid.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 0
  • CF lid1.jpg
    CF lid1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 0
  • CF lid2.jpg
    CF lid2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 0
  • CF lid4.jpg
    CF lid4.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 0
  • CF lid5.jpg
    CF lid5.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 0
Wow looking good Greg! I can't wait to see both cars completed side by side :drool:. Aircougar Performance FTMFW!

looks like you beat me to the punch, i got the same combo with probably with the same imperfections in the trunk. i got my stuff from carbon fiber glass products and the hood has a lot of bubbling but the owner is willing to give me a new hood because of their 100% satisfaction guarentee.
looks good bro

Just a tip if you haven't installed anything yet...

You will most likely need to open up the trunk hinge holes quite a bit, as you need to use the larger bolts that are provided with the hood and trunk...

My hood had a few cracks in the resin over the CF near the passenger side headlight, but I signed for everything, after I did a brief check of the parts at the shipping terminal... I didn't notice the cracks until I completely unwrapped everything at my home. I called the guy and he gave me a few tips to try and make it better, but not a huge deal for me, I can always wetsand and re-clear it if it pisses me off! :)

And be careful when tightening the reflector to the trunk lid. I noticed that 2 days later with how tight the trunk latches down I must have put a small 1" crack just above the reflector on the passenger side, also, just in the resin, not through the CF...

Good Luck with yours, and be patient. I am a pretty good installer and it took me a few hours to get everything to line up right... I also had to notch out the holes for the Hood Latch assembly so that I could slide the whole assembly up another 1/2" so that the hood would actually latch. Plus I removed the spring for the latch and stretched it out a bit so the lighter CF hood wouldn't need a ton of force to make the latch close....

Sounds like it took a lot of work :shocked:. I remember the CF hood you gave to Andy took a whopping 10 minutes! I'll make sure to stop by sometime soon to bother you/check out the progress on the cars ;)

not bad. i like it. by the way, luv those tires. always wanted them. whats the performance rating on them?

Honestly, I haven't even bothered to check! lol.... I got them from another member here, and just bolted them on. I'll have to look sometime.

But I'm sure someone else can give you that info off the top of their head...

KDWs?

It's hard to tell from the shadow being cast by the canopy, but overal the car is looking better than I remember it.
Nice work, Greg.

(take pics without the canopy next time. hehehe)

It's hard to tell from the shadow being cast by the canopy, but overal the car is looking better than I remember it.
Nice work, Greg.

(take pics without the canopy next time. hehehe)

I'm part of the reason it looks better :laugh: I took my PC and some Z-AIO to the car a few weeks ago

not bad. i like it. by the way, luv those tires. always wanted them. whats the performance rating on them?

Honestly, I haven't even bothered to check! lol.... I got them from another member here, and just bolted them on. I'll have to look sometime.

But I'm sure someone else can give you that info off the top of their head...

KDWs?

Yeah, they are KDW-2's. I picked them up from Tire Rack a couple years back. They stick like glue and look awesome.

Greg, the CF trunk actually looks good. Maybe it's the color of the car, combo of the darker wheels, who knows. I normally can't stand the CF trunk but certain cars seem to pull it off well. The biggest thing I couldn't stand about the CF trunk was the poor fitment everytime I see someone post pics. It's hard to tell from your pics though if it's doing the same thing.

WOW:shocked: I love the trunk on SF. I have been waiting for someone to put an unpainted trunk on the SF, and I love it. I have gunmetal rims so that might make it look different as well. The car looks great!

trunk looks good on sf!! you can see the drivers side corner above the taillight sticks up. thats pretty much were they all do.

I'm part of the reason it looks better :laugh: I took my PC and some Z-AIO to the car a few weeks ago

:shrug:
chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg
?

;) j/k

...can't compete w/the caramel delight girl scout cookies:drool: :shocked:

Last edited:
ehhh..if you said the chocolate covered peanut butter one's,i'd give it to ya'. but thin mints can't touch chocolate,caramel and coconut flattened into one delecious cookie:laugh:

ehhh..if you said the chocolate covered peanut butter one's,i'd give it to ya'. but thin mints can't touch chocolate,caramel and coconut flattened into one delecious cookie:laugh:

hahahaha that sounds like a pretty good add, it makes me want that cookie. I have like 3 boxes of each at home, I guess tonight I will pig out on Girl Scout Cookies.

Back