• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I won a truck!!!!

I would look at to see what vehicle you could get the most for and sell that one. ( I am guessing it would be the new truck).

I havent even got the thing titled yet. I have to go to the car lot and do the paper work today. I am over my head in the isuzu and scott free paid for on the colorado so I figure I can take both of them and leave with one nice car that will be close to if not paid for. If I could get pay off for the isuzu by selling I would do it and just keep the new truck but im not in that position. I'm thinking Altima ser or even a nice maxima, srt4, wrx, mazdaspeed6 or 3, another redline ion or ss cobalt supercharged, or try to get cash for the new one and buy a new svt and pay down my truck........

A few more pics!

0509081125.jpg

0509081124.jpg

I havent even got the thing titled yet. I have to go to the car lot and do the paper work today. I am over my head in the isuzu and scott free paid for on the colorado so I figure I can take both of them and leave with one nice car that will be close to if not paid for. If I could get pay off for the isuzu by selling I would do it and just keep the new truck but im not in that position. I'm thinking Altima ser or even a nice maxima, srt4, wrx, mazdaspeed6 or 3, another redline ion or ss cobalt supercharged, or try to get cash for the new one and buy a new svt and pay down my truck........

dude........how much do you honestly think you're gonna get for the Colorado? it appears to be a pretty much base model, so what, 18, 19k retail value? A dealer is not going to give you that. They will consider it a trade in and give you less so they can make money.
Now, look at how much you owe on the Isuzu....... personally, the best you could do working with a dealer is break even.

If you sell the Colorado outright, you will get more money which will allow you to spend 4-5k on a nice...very nice CSVT 3L, put 10k towards the Isuzu, and possibly keep 2-3k for your bank account.
:eek:

Last edited:
dude........how much do you honestly think you're gonna get for the Colorado? it appears to be a pretty much base model, so what, 18, 19k retail value? A dealer is not going to give you that. They will consider it a trade in and give you less so they can make money.
Now, look at how much you owe on the Isuzu....... personally, the best you could do working with a dealer is break even.

If you sell the Colorado outright, you will get more money which will allow you to spend 4-5k on a nice...very nice CSVT 3L, put 10k towards the Isuzu, and possibly keep 2-3k for your bank account.
:eek:

Terrible advice^^^

Keep the truck and drive it (if it has a warranty). Get rid of your other car and bank the difference. Building a 3L contour can be a financially damning prospect.

Last edited:
I would talk to someone at a dealership and ask them what deal they are willing to make with you. If you were to trade in the new truck you're probably only gonna get 12k-13k for it........maybe. If you still owe on the other truck depending on how much you still owe you probably may not get too much for that. If you want to keep the old truck I say just sell the new one privately and pay off the old truck. If you don't want a truck anymore just see if you can find a used MS3 or Altima SE-R at a dealer and see what they are willing to do so you'll break even. You can also just find another CSVT and save the rest of the money for a rainy day. Either way congrats on the truck!!

I'm still freaked out but I'm thinking I can trade the brand new one and my other truck for another nice car and be out with little to no payment so now guys what should I get????? Give me some suggestions!

C5 front suspension/subframe, LS7, and a T-Trim:shrug:

Terrible advice^^^

Keep the truck and drive it (if it has a warranty). Get rid of your other car and bank the difference. Building a 3L contour can be a financially damning prospect.

you gotta read his msg again..................he's "upside down" on the Isuzu.
He's not gonna be able to sell it outright and come out ahead. Maybe but highly unlikely.
you cannot tell me that he can't buy an assembled 3L off this site. I didn't tell him to "build" one.

and your idea was what??:shrug:

:laugh:

Try to sell the new truck private party! While you are waiting on something to happen it will give you time to iron out what you want to do with the cash. you are rarely going to come out ahead against the used car dealers. To everyone else Trey knows he gets cheap 3L labor & assistance. ;)

So ya I spent the day with people trying to stick it to me. I might just keep the isuzu and sell the new truck or sell the isuzu and finance the leftovers on the colorado. One car did interest me alot though. it is an 04 wrx sti. going to look it over more in depth and drive it etc tomorrow. only mods I saw were an hks bov and an alpine cd player. Here is a link to the car
http://www.delmarhaynespontiacgmcjeep.com/J4642AA.html
Here are some phone pics I took

0509081745.jpg

0509081744.jpg

0509081738.jpg

I'd ask your company if there is a cash option.

Personally, I'd sell both, bank a few grand, and buy a 3L SVT from Reebs. LOL

Dealers are expensive so I'd stay away from them. Maybe try to sell one of them yourself and see what happens?
Either way, it looks like you have time to decide. Starting a college fund for the little one is a fantastic idea too.

eh I owe so much on my truck im over my head pretty far. I'm going to try and sell the new truck or both and put some towards the black truck and buy a toy more than likely

Sell them outright buy a beater then decide on what you're gonna do. new vehicles are nice but paid off vehicles are better. I feel better driving my geos then i do my new truck or the wifes car.

Back