• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A couple questions news help!

Newsvt

Veteran CEG'er
so I'm getting back into the contour soon and in looking at one right now that I can get for a pretty good price, but have a few questions for you guys. Should I be worried about a car with 150k on it that has been sprayed? Its only been a 50shot? Also what would I look at spending on a new tranny or to have one rebuilt? And where could I take it? It grind going into third not to the point you cant drive it but I would prolly just freshen it up right away! Thanks, I hope I posted this in the right place?

If the car has been maintained properly, I don't think the 150K miles would bother me so much. I don't know enough about N20 to know how it affects longevity. The trans issues could be as simple as needing a fluid change, could be much worse, hard to say without being there. Check out the Transmission forum for more details.

I know the oil was changed everything 3k miles with syn I forgot what kinds would have to look back at the ad but im using my cell right now. There is a small oil leak he said maybe a couple drops every few days he said he belives that to be the back valuve cover, its been awhile since I have been under the hood of the svt how hard is it to change those? Thanks for the help!

I know the oil was changed everything 3k miles with syn I forgot what kinds would have to look back at the ad but im using my cell right now. There is a small oil leak he said maybe a couple drops every few days he said he belives that to be the back valuve cover, its been awhile since I have been under the hood of the svt how hard is it to change those? Thanks for the help!

People complain about changing the back set of sparkplugs, so I imagine the back valve cover would be worse...

i agree with getsum.. 150k isnt anything to worry about as long as it hasnt been beaten all the time or half the time

also you cant always trust ad's, so take your time and make sure you get what you want for the amount its worth. how much is he asking?

A few questions need help!

A few questions need help!

I'll post the ad when I get home, he's asking 3000 but he's firm on price said to make offer he's open to any offer, it is lightly modded its t-red with black e1 wheels and a 2inch drop, car needs tlc but if I get it at the right price why not. I dont know how long he's owned it but I know he's had it for 75k or more.

Last edited:
i wouldn't pay more than 1500 for it because it has had the nitrous, that's just me though. i'm not a big fan of n2o unless the engine is made for it, and i don't believe that a factory 2.5 could handle it.

i wouldn't pay more than 1500 for it because it has had the nitrous, that's just me though. i'm not a big fan of n2o unless the engine is made for it, and i don't believe that a factory 2.5 could handle it.
2.5's can handle spray very well. Boy do they come alive on it too! I would try to get him down to about 2500 on it if it were me. I wouldnt mind having it but it is way too far for me

I found out he bought the car about a year and a half ago he works for a ford dealer and before him a buddy of his had the car, that guy bought the car at 35k and the guy who has it now has done all the work on the car since, it has always had motorcraft syn 5w30.

Back