• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Would a t-red look good with tinted tail?

bkent

New CEG'er
Trying to decide if it would look good. Also tinting all the way across vs. just the middle plastic betweein the lights. Any pics? Any opinions?

IMO tinted looks best on black, looks pretty damn good on silver.

Don't like it on red, but MLukos looked good :)

I have tinted tails and the center reflector on my T-red, looks sweet if you ask me. ill post up some pics when I get home from work.

If you do it I suggest a couple coats of clear when you are finished or they will kind of have a flat finish

here are my pics....
I went with 3 light coats of tint and a good bit of clear. I also have LED's brake lights

DSCF0234.jpg

DSCF0209.jpg

before tint....

calendar_pics0009.jpg

wow. i completely forgot you had that malcolm. i havent seen that car in the sunlight since last fall!

I like that look, did you use the tint spray from Summit? I drive by Summit on the way to my parents home once a month (kent)...

here are my pics....
I went with 3 light coats of tint and a good bit of clear. I also have LED's brake lights

How do you like the LED brake lights? Did you wire in some LED's or just using a bulb. Can you link me to what you are using?

Have you fixed the hyper-flashing with a resistor or are you just dealing with it the way it is?

How do you like the LED brake lights? Did you wire in some LED's or just using a bulb. Can you link me to what you are using?

Have you fixed the hyper-flashing with a resistor or are you just dealing with it the way it is?

Ebay bulbs, I wired in a resistor to get rid of the hyper flashing.....one of them crapped out on me so left turns is hyper flash right turns are regular flash :)

I can search for a link when I get home....I can probably post pics of the LED's lit up too when I get to the house

I personally would tint all the way across. I'd go darker for sure, but thats because mine is black. I really didn't want a noticeable difference between the car and tails.

I posted about this a long time ago... didn't do a search for the post, but here are the pictures...

shot10shrunkfj2.jpg

Dark tint

shot6qn5.jpg

Just the tail lights on (OEM bulbs)

brakes1hz.jpg

full brake lights (OEM bulbs)

brakesreflectors5dr.jpg

full brake lights (taken with flash) so you can see the reflectors as if someone had their headlights shining on them.

Yes the LED in the third brake light has been replaced, and I also now have a pre98 trunk lid these pics are old. (this trunk sits in my basement)

Last edited:
Back