• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Friday night drag strip

RawBurt

Hard-core CEG'er
Whos going to be running their cars. I'd like to take my car out and get some decent runs. Last time I ran at the track I was having clutch / launching issues running 14's at 103mph, and that was low boost. I'd like to run high boost and see if my clutch will hold into the 13's. With that trap time from before, it shouldn't be an issue.

Let me know if anyone plans on going.

if i can get my turbo done, im gonna run it:cool:

Mine is too, but 1 thing is for sure. I will be NERVOUS as hell after this past weekend

No need to be nervous when you're in the EGL. You can blow your engine or trans at the track Friday night and we'll have it rolling better than before for the Show n shine the next morning. :) We have SVT 2.5's, 3L's, built transaxles, stock transaxles, and any spare parts you can imagine on hand... x5!

.... or we'll take advantage of your mishap and give you $50 for your car and buy you a plane ticket home. :laugh:

Reebs

^^hahaha soo true about the parts, I bet yall are like contour part yards there. But I still dont wanna break man.

Maybe people should take a couple extra axles to the track.

That way if someone breaks one you could swap it in and be ready to rock again and not even miss a beat.

Back