• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Jet noise!

CSVT #0037

CEG'er
When I decelerate, it sounds like a jet because of the spool. Listen to it. Its SWEET!

Also when i Accelerate you can hear the spooling which = amazing noise:crazy:

Uhm.. positive manifold pressure you are hearing build?

that's not incredibly unusual. considering its FI'd, You'd HOPE to hear it, if that's what you are referring to.

Sounds NOTHING like a jet... maybe your just getting used to what a turbo spooling and BOV's sound like ? but the car does look really good man, diggin those wheels. and the paint on the hood. the color makes me want to hate it, but it looks good!

Last edited:
Im not usually that guy that tells people off for driving too fast. But after viewing your other videos where you try to hit 140 on public roads.....

I hope some one takes your license before you kill some one.

Dude, my Jetta makes more turbo noise than that at only 13 PSI with a stock DV. I didn't hear anything in your second video. Take some from in the car. I love driving with my windows down and hearing the whistle. :laugh: I can hear it with them up too, but it's not as loud obviously. If you listen closely when I shut it off after driving for a while, it sounds like a plane when they kill the engines. I love it.

That Supra is in-fuggin-sane! love to hear those Terminators whiiiiiine, then to hear that Big ole turbo spool and Blow off OVER the Terminator is awwwesome :drool:

Gaaah! i gotta get some video of my Aero with the Intake and res delete. people are nothing short of flabergasted when they hear that thing spool and blow off. it's certainly doesn't sound stock. even tho. it is... minus an open filament intake filter and a res delete. (if anyone can find any decent vids of 9-5 aero's with intake installs to show what im talkin about feel freey to post, i cant find anything that does it justice)

Im not usually that guy that tells people off for driving too fast. But after viewing your other videos where you try to hit 140 on public roads.....

I hope some one takes your license before you kill some one.

I agree......................

lol is this for real? I don't here any turbo or jet sounds at all. ahh if only I had a vid of my gsx with the turbo xs rfl blow off valve. that thing was insanely loud!

Back