• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Digital gauges in gauge pod

hotdimmes

Hard-core CEG'er
Do you think they are tacky? I want to be able to quickly look and see information in a way that only a digital gauge can provide. I can't help but think though that it would look very lame and dated looking, having a pillar of digital displays, that is.

Discuss.

nordskog_oilpres_rb_picture.gif

Last edited:
I dunno. Can you get white? That is if you have white gauges. How about if the numbers/letters are in blue?

I dunno. Can you get white? That is if you have white gauges. How about if the numbers/letters are in blue?

Eh...no white gauges...already did red LED interior conversion...although I think I've got a pretty good solution. I'm gonna work on it a bit then unveil to the masses :laugh:

I have some red LED digital temperature gauges (older Cyberdynes) in another of my cars, and they are a bit difficult to read in bright sunlight. Something to consider...

Maybe some blue Dakota Digital gauges?

Tho I appreciate the accuracy of the old Cyberdyne digital units, I'm more of a full sweep man these days. Here's the 3-gauge pod in my CSVT with ProSport gauges. White during the day, Green at night.

attachment.php

Gary M.

Attachments

• Pod_in_Car_daytime.JPG
    Pod_in_Car_daytime.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have some red LED digital temperature gauges (older Cyberdynes) in another of my cars, and they are a bit difficult to read in bright sunlight. Something to consider...

Maybe some blue Dakota Digital gauges?

Gary M.

well...I already bought the sender units to play around with for these nordskog gauges...buttt maybe I can swing some blue gauges and then I won't have to swap the blue smd LED's on my head unit...hmmmm

well...I already bought the sender units to play around with for these nordskog gauges...buttt maybe I can swing some blue gauges and then I won't have to swap the blue smd LED's on my head unit...hmmmm
Cyberdyne is now Nordskog, isn't it? Perhaps the owner didn't like the association with Cyberdyne Systems in the Terminator movies? :shrug:

Doesn't Nordskog have Blue LED or vacuum fluorescent gauges as well as Red LED? The Dakota Digital Blue gauges are vacuum fluorescent.

Gary M.

Last edited:
Cyberdyne is now Nordskog, isn't it? Perhaps the owner didn't like the association with Cyberdyne Systems in the Terminator movies? :shrug:

Doesn't Nordskog have Blue LED or vacuum fluorescent gauges as well as Red LED? The Dakota Digital Blue gauges are vacuum fluorescent.

Gary M.

hmm not sure, but I definitely think terminator when I see cyberdyne gauges! Nordskog just offers red/green/amber/blue. I don't think it's that VFD light blue.

I like them, but I don't think they'd fit with the style of the car, since the gauge cluster is all analog gauges. If our cars came with a digital speedo in them, then I think it would match better. Stick with a digital voltmeter and analog for the rest maybe?

I had two nordskog digital gauge in my old a long time ago. i got green ones to match the factory dash. one was volts, and the other was a tach. I believe i sold them to Ray a long time ago, not sure if he still has them.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Back