• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Should I?

svttour2000_03

New CEG'er
Just wanted to see if 550 was a good price for a 3.0 duratec with 47k?
Really excited to get the 3.0 build underway... but I have a feeling there is more to this then i am expecting....None the less, im stoked..

figured building up the motor is a waste because everything in the 3.0 is capable of sustaining the usable horsepower you would get out of a 3.0 turbo.... If im wrong please correct me... From what ive read, thats what everyone says...

any other advise would be legendary lol

Gotta love CEG...

by the way if anyone is in houston and wants to come over on build days.... Fri-sunday... is more then welcome..

That's a decent price but people on here have found them at even lower prices. I've seen 30k motors for $300. And yes the stock internals can handle the power, but I hope you are still tearing it down to inspect it before you put it in the car. I'd hate to see you go through the swap and find out there is something wrong internally with the motor.

What Year, Make, Model is the 3.0 comming from? Personally I would say 47,000 is a lot of miles on a motor for $550:shrug: That being said I paid about $675 for my '05 Escape 3.0 with 5,000 miles... Just look at all your options before you go to one place...

I found my engine here...

http://car-part.com/

Good luck!

its from a 03 tauras. this is what the guy quoted me

The SVT Contour I will have to price you a remanufactured long block with our 3yr/100k parts and labor warranty
$2100.00 plus $400 fully refundable core charge

The Taurus Duratech I have with 45k miles from an 2003 for 650.00

The Escape 3.0 I have with 43k miles for 1250.00 delivered

these are all delivered prices, he said the Tauras engine is here local and he would give it to me for 550 if i pick it up...

its from a 03 tauras. this is what the guy quoted me

The SVT Contour I will have to price you a remanufactured long block with our 3yr/100k parts and labor warranty
$2100.00 plus $400 fully refundable core charge

The Taurus Duratech I have with 45k miles from an 2003 for 650.00

The Escape 3.0 I have with 43k miles for 1250.00 delivered

these are all delivered prices, he said the Tauras engine is here local and he would give it to me for 550 if i pick it up...

phew...$1250 for an Escape 3.0L. Talk about highway robbery.

Taurus for $550 is reasonable if your close.

FWIW, its duratec. ;)

I paid 350 bucks for my 05 sable engine 19 k miles...

TSTSE bought his with about 2004 sable 6K miles for like 400 bucks...

- amyn

look for lkqonline i think it is on ebay, they have some good deals. i paid 150 for mine and it has 42K miles on it, they had a 8k mile one that started bid at 225 and nobody bid on it.

guess there are just no deals in houston, ive been searching like a mofo..... even at carparts.com

You gotta go to a junkyard bro. Not everyone wants to go to one and everyone is on lkq or carparts.com or websites/ebay. Its the easiest way to search from home. Go out find a taurus that got smashed in the side or back and pull out the motor...

Cheaper if you pull it out urself.

- amyn

It wasn't for the tour but I bought a 03 sable motor for 450 with 40k on it from the junk yard car got rear ended!

Back