• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring zing to do list

I wanted to get my 3L in but can't justify until I save up enough for a good tune. Sure I could run it but I'll wait. One more 2.5 beating at the track this year. Maybe it will puke. LOL!

Bah, we could get that baby street tuned in no time.

Oops forgot my list...
Install Baers after a repaint, repaint rear calipers, clean the crap out of the car, fix Mirko, finish filter relocation so I can hook up my gauges on my pillar pod.

And last but not least. The classy lady mod!
standard.jpg

Last edited:
Ohhhhh please remove those stickers, you look like alex the mexican driving around with those on there,lol

they look like magnets to me. i highly doubt that todd would ever put those stickers on his trunk

I can't justify pulling the motor to change the oil pump, and not change more while I am in there.... We should start a "Fall Zing" for the peeps who have too much to do so early in the year....
Been attempted a few times, and shot down. A bunch of the local groups, including NECEG, have official fall meets.

00 Black/Tan SVT... finish motor/torsen install, install gauges, clean the heck out of the interior, fix sunroof, swap over CF hood/k sports/wheels from my black 98.

00 Black/Midnight blue SVT... swap in the 2.5 that is sitting next to it and clean it up.

98 Black/Midnight blue SVT... swap over suspension/wheels/hood from my 00 Black/Tan. Swap out interior back to stock. Fix sunroof.

98 Silverfrost... pull konis off to throw on new suspension, replace wheel bearing, swap out the rack (Big PITA), and at least replace the passenger side LCA.

Other 98 Silverfrost... I'll be towing this one to SZ cause there is no way I'll have the motor in this one too!

98 TRed... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! She is cleaned and stored and ready to go! I do have to install 2 jack point covers though. That will be tough. :rolleyes:

I should have another 98 Silverfrost that I'll be bring as well but it has slight body damage. Oh well. I am already arranging people to help drive my cars to SZ. Now I just need to get to work and this post is depressing me... although knowing that I'll tap Kim is making things better. :D

you actually have all those cars registered and insured? :shocked:

I don't have to worry about tickets in Michigan so heck no I don't have all my cars registered! And my insurance agent is a good friend so we worked out a little something in that regard, but yes I can drive all of them on the streets. :)

finish 3l for cegr
finish custom bumper
install turbo

Clean car in and out, get eyelids finished and installed.

Oh yeah, and

Research purchase and receive replacement dual screen portable DVD system someone decided to steal from the Windstar today at work. GRRR.. All doors locked no forced entry... GRRR again. To put in SVT so kid doesn't scream entire drive from Chicago.

Let's not forget to pack the Taser Dave. ;)

Let's not forget to pack the Taser Dave. ;)

Oh crap!! Thanks for the reminder.

3rd item, purchase leash for child.

Maybe that's what I need to do, set up a high voltage system so everytime Tess locks that van w\remote it sends a charge through the body, only way to disable is unlock w\remote:laugh:

Maybe that's what I need to do, set up a high voltage system so everytime Tess locks that van w\remote it sends a charge through the body, only way to disable is unlock w\remote:laugh:

That's all sweet until your battery dies..... :D or someone grounds it out till the battery dies... What you should do is rig up a tazer on the bottom of the seat... so if someone doens't turn it off, and sits down... they get tazed in the ass and are stuck there... :D:D:D:D:D

^ that would be funny.

We'll try not to traumatize him too much. ;)

I need to get the car off the jack stands and finish installing a few parts. The headlights, grille & bumper need to be reinstalled also.
-Finish cleaning the house
-Go over everything with my nephew, he's staying at my house and watching the dog.
-Pack
-Wash the car
-Buy beer, lots of it
-Load up the car
-Go to bed early Monday night and head out early Tuesday morning.

Last edited:
That's all sweet until your battery dies..... :D or someone grounds it out till the battery dies... What you should do is rig up a tazer on the bottom of the seat... so if someone doens't turn it off, and sits down... they get tazed in the ass and are stuck there... :D:D:D:D:D

I thought about the whole battery drain thing, perhaps just swap out the door handles to stainless or something else, so they get zapped when grabbing that.

I think Luca made a good reminder, we are gonna be busting to get the house cleaned, and the carport cleaned out. Good lord, our list keeps growing:help:

Sorry to add to your list Dave.
I can't go away unless my house is completely clean. I think they call it OCD or something? :shrug: LOL!

Back