• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Saratoga Springs, NY Meet

There is a nice creek there you can fish in actually (if anyone is actually interested). Moreau has a lake, but this still has a creek running through it, lots of trout.

Kim, sorry to hear you can't make it.

I'm in if I can hitch a ride with someone:shrug: My friend Stevo may be willing to split the trip. You there/ him back? Lindsey? Ian? Tony?

Hey I'll give you a ride both ways if you just pitch in a couple bucks for gas. You don't have to worry about having someone else drive that way. And no I won't SUPER RIDICULOUSLY charge you or anything :D.

Hey I'll give you a ride both ways if you just pitch in a couple bucks for gas. You don't have to worry about having someone else drive that way. And no I won't SUPER RIDICULOUSLY charge you or anything :D.

I don't know if he'll want to give you road head for payment.

Last edited:

Sounds good. And no road head, thank you very much:cool:
PM me if you want a way to reach me so we can set this up. Lyndsey going?

I'm going to move this to the Moreau State Park, which is about 15 minutes north of Saratoga Springs. Dave Matthew's Band concert is the 20th and 21st, which means the entire park will be filled to capacity with cars for the concert... there's no possible way we could have a meet there, even get within 3 miles of the place. Easily 50,000 people will be there in 2 days.

Moreau is pretty nice, and they should have plenty of campsites available. There's a beach, nice lake for boating (no motors) and fishing, and a good amount of picnic areas. Very easy to get to... Saratoga State Park was exit 13S off I-87, Moreau is directly off exit 17S.

Since it's quite a drive for most people, we could probably book a few camping sites and maybe do an overnight meet. At least into the evening with a campfire and cooking stuff and everything. Alcohol cannot be brought into the picnic areas, but can be brought into the campsites. They do ID when you check in, and will stamp your site registration with "UNDER 21, NO ALCOHOL" if you're under 21. They allow 6 people, 4 cars and 2 tents max per campsite. Last time I was there, I think it was $20 for one night for a campsite, and that includes park admission, which is $8.

Last edited:
Some pics of the place:

moreau.jpg

ny_311_1.jpg

Moreau_Lake_sml.jpg

moreauB.jpg

It sounds great. It is unlikely I will stay overnight but I'm definitely there for day/evening activities.

Back